CLICK HERE TO VOTE NOW!
The NFL announced today that quarterbacks DREW BREES of the New Orleans Saints, AARON RODGERS of the Green Bay Packers and MATT SCHAUB of the Houston Texans are the finalists for the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week honors for games played on October 18-22, while running backs JONATHAN DWYER of the Pittsburgh Steelers, CHRIS JOHNSON of the Tennessee Titans and ADRIAN PETERSON of the Minnesota Vikings are the finalists for the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week.
Fans can vote for one player in each category on NFL.com/FedEx from 9 a.m. EST on Tuesday through 3 p.m. EST on Friday to determine the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week. The winners will be announced Friday on NFL Total Access on NFL Network and on NFL.com.
Fans will be voting for more than their favorite player. As part of the Air & Ground program and its commitment to small business owners, FedEx will support education efforts at Junior Achievement by making weekly $2,000 donations in each of the winning players’ names. The funding, allocated to local Junior Achievement area offices in that team’s city or state, is used to help U.S. small business development, by educating the next generation of entrepreneurs on how to start and grow their own businesses.
A closer look at the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week finalists:
• New Orleans Saints QB Drew Brees completed 27 of 37 passes for 377 yards and four touchdowns in the Saints’ 35-28 win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
• Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers threw three touchdowns, going 30 of 37 for 342 yards as the Packers beat the St. Louis Rams 30-20.
• Houston Texans QB Matt Schaub was 23 of 37 for 255 yards and two touchdowns in the Texans’ 43-13 victory over the Baltimore Ravens.
A closer look at the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week finalists:
• Pittsburgh Steelers RB Jonathan Dwyer picked up 122 yards on the ground on 17 carries in the Steelers’ 24-17 win against the Cincinnati Bengals.
• Tennessee Titans RB
• Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson rushed for 153 yards on 23 carries and scored one touchdown as the Vikings beat the Arizona Cardinals 21-14.
As the Official Delivery Service Sponsor of the NFL, Super Bowl and Pro Bowl, FedEx is proud to sponsor the 10th annual Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week program. The awards highlight superior on-field performance among the league’s top-performing quarterbacks and running backs, while supporting small business efforts and providing business solutions that matter to fans and customers alike. Follow FedEx on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter @FedExDelivers.