“I would like to challenge other businesses and organizations across the city to sponsor a kiosk, just like Saint Thomas Health has. Being a Nashville B-Cycle partner has endless value; you will offer ongoing benefits to your employees and customers, and you will be a part of a major milestone in our effort to make Nashville a healthier community,” said Mayor Karl Dean.
“Our relationship with the Titans is indicative for physical fitness. They are the model of physical fitness and the B-Cycle initiative will encourage more members of our community to be active,” said Dr. Mike Schatzlein.
Saint Thomas Health sponsored the B-station and hosted a kick-off party open that included a ribbon cutting, giveaways, food & drinks. Saint Thomas physicians, guests and volunteers joined in the festivities and efforts to contribute to a healthier community.
A partner with the Mayor’s Office and Metro Nashville Health Department, Nashville B-Cycle launched in December 2012 as a fee based bike-share initiative operated by the Nashville Downtown Partnership. It is a next-generation bike-sharing program that offers an affordable way of getting around cities and college campuses, good for health living and the environment.
The B-Cycle program is used in many other large cities, including Charlotte, Houston and Denver.
Riders can purchase annual memberships, along with a seven-day, 30-day or daily passes. B-Cycles can also be checked out for an hour at a time with a fee of $1.50 for each additional 30 minutes.
Other Nashville B-cycle kiosks are located at these destination points:
• Downtown YMCA: Church St and 9th Ave N
• The Gulch: 11 Ave S / 12 Ave S
• Music Row Roundabout: 16th Ave S
• Centennial Park:27th Ave N
• SoBro: 3rd Ave & Symphony Pl
• Public Square: 3rd Ave N & Union St
• Music City Central: 4th Ave N & James Robertson Pkwy
• TPAC: 6th Ave N & Union St
• Nashville Farmers' Market: 7th Ave N / Outdoor Food Court
• Frist Center: 9th Ave S & Demonbreun St
• Riverfront Station: Broadway & 1st Ave N
• Fifth Third Plaza: Church St between 5th & 4th Ave N
• The District: Commerce & 2nd Ave N
• Walk of Fame Park: Demonbreun St. & 5th Ave. S
• Rolling Mill Hill: Hermitage Ave & Middleton St
• Fisk/Meharry: Jefferson St & Dr. D.B. Todd Blvd
• Germantown: NW 5th Ave & Monroe St
• Five Points: S 11th St
• Cumberland Park: Victory Way at Base of Pedestrian St Bridge
• Hillsboro Village: Wedgewood Ave & 21st Ave S
• 12 South Flats: 12th Ave S & Elmwood
• Sevier Park: 12 Ave S & Kirkwood
Click HERE to learn more about community health programs sponsored by Saint Thomas Health. Click HERE to learn more about the B-Cycle initiative.