Special Game Day Activities Planned For Annual Salute to Service Game
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- In association with the National Football League’s Salute to Service campaign, the Tennessee Titans, Lend Lease and LP Building Products will be honoring local veterans and active duty members of the military at this week’s game against the Jacksonville Jaguars. The Salute to Service is part of the NFL’s tradition of supporting America’s armed services serving throughout the world.
Below is an overview of the special activities the Titans, Lend Lease and LP Building Products have planned to honor veterans and the armed services on game day:
• The day will begin with a re-enlistment ceremony for members of the Army stationed at nearby Fort Campbell Army Base. Brigadier General Mark Stammer of the 101st Airborne will conduct a live reenlistment for 50 members of the 101st Airborne “Screaming Eagles” on field in pre-game. Courtesy of Lend Lease and LP Building Products their family members and loved ones will attend the game and watch the ceremony.
• The honorary 12th Titan will be current Titans fullback, West Point graduate and U.S. Army captain
• Country music legend Charlie Daniels will perform the national anthem and meet with the soldiers supporting the Titans game day activities on field prior to kickoff.
• Seventy-five members of the 101st Airborne will be guests of Lend Lease and LP Building Products and will unfurl a large American flag for the anthem and also take part in a special Salute to Service halftime tribute to honor all of America’s veterans.
• LP, the Titans and Operation Finally Home are teaming up for a special on-field presentation to provide a new home in Franklin, Tenn., to United States Air Force Sergeant Luke Van Dorston, a highly decorated combat veteran.
• The halftime performance will include the Tennessee Army and Air Guard band, which will be joined by country music artist, Lee Greenwood, for a rendition of his patriotic classic, “God Bless the USA.” The color guards of each of the five branches of the military will be on the field.
• The Titans will air special greetings from military personnel who are Titans fans currently deployed around the world and serving our country. The messages will be shown on the two TitanVision video boards throughout the game.
• Titans cheerleader, Stormi, will be joined on field by her husband, CW2 Kyle Wagley. Wagley recently returned from a nine-month tour in Afghanistan and is a warrant officer at the U.S. Army's 101st Airborne Division, flying an AH-64D Apache helicopter.
About Lend Lease (US) Community Fund
Lend Lease (US) Community Fund (LLCF) is a non-profit organization that focuses its efforts on supporting the military men and women who live in Lend Lease homes and neighborhoods and the communities in which its employees work and live. With Lend Lease as the major contributor, LLCF supports growth and development by funding projects that address community challenges in the areas of housing, education, health, economic development, and environmental sustainability and projects while creating and supporting programming that improves the quality of life for military families who sacrifice so much for us. For more information on supporting Lend Lease Community Fund’s efforts, please visit www.lendlease.com.
About Lend Lease
Lend Lease is a leading international property and infrastructure group. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and with circa 16,500 employees worldwide, the firm’s capabilities span the property and infrastructure spectrum.
In the US, Lend Lease’s public partnership business is the nation’s leader in public/private community development. With a focus on creating sustainable value, Lend Lease creates communities that regenerate our environment, enrich people’s lives and foster economic growth. Lend Lease has worked extensively with the Department of Defense through the Military Housing Privatization Initiative (MHPI), a program that provides for the transfer of military housing assets to private sector companies. With over 40,000 residential units, 192 apartments and more than 11,600 hotel rooms in its portfolio, Lend Lease will finance, develop, build, renovate and operate these sites for at least 50 years.
We create innovative and sustainable property solutions, forging partnerships and delivering maximum benefits to clients, investors and communities. Safety is our number one priority and Lend Lease is committed to operating Incident & Injury Free wherever we have a presence. www.lendlease.com.