NEW YORK -- The NFL announced today that quarterbacks TOM BRADY of the New England Patriots, PEYTON MANNING of the Denver Broncos and MATT RYAN of the Atlanta Falcons are the finalists for the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week honors for games played on September 27 - October 1, while running backs BRANDON BOLDEN of the New England Patriots, CHRIS JOHNSON of the Tennessee Titans and WILLIS MC GAHEE of the Denver Broncos are the finalists for the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week.
Fans can vote for one player in each category on NFL.com/FedEx from 9 a.m. EST on Tuesday through 3 p.m. EST on Friday to determine the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week. The winners will be announced Friday on NFL Total Access on NFL Network and on NFL.com.
Fans will be voting for more than their favorite player. As part of the Air & Ground program and its commitment to small business owners, FedEx will support education efforts at Junior Achievement by making weekly $2,000 donations in each of the winning players’ names. The funding, allocated to local Junior Achievement area offices in that team’s city or state, is used to help U.S. small business development, by educating the next generation of entrepreneurs on how to start and grow their own businesses.
A closer look at the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week finalists:
- New England Patriots QB Tom Brady completed 22 of 36 passes for 340 yards, three touchdowns and zero interceptions in the Patriots’ victory over the Buffalo Bills 52-28.
- Denver Broncos QB Peyton Manning threw for 338 yards on 30 of 38 attempts and three touchdowns. He finished his day with a 130.0 passer rating in the Broncos’ win over the Oakland Raiders 37-6.
- Atlanta Falcons QB Matt Ryan completed 25 of 40 passes for 369 yards and three scores. Ryan connected on a 59-yard pass to WR RODDY WHITE which put the Falcons into position to kick the game winning field goal to beat the Carolina Panthers 30-28.
A closer look at the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week finalists:
- New England Patriots rookie RB Brandon Bolden rushed for 137 yards and scored one touchdown on 16 carries in the Patriots’ defeat of the Buffalo Bills 52-28.
- Tennessee Titans RB
Chris Johnsontallied 141 yards on the ground on 25 carries in the Titans’ 38-14 loss to the Houston Texans.
- Denver Broncos RB Willis McGahee gained 112 yards on 19 carries and scored one touchdown as the Broncos beat the Oakland Raiders 37-6.