NEW YORK - The NFL announced today that quarterbacks DREW BREES of the New Orleans Saints, ANDY DALTON of the Cincinnati Bengals, and JOE FLACCO of the Baltimore Ravens are the finalists for the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week honors for games played on November 8-12, while running backs CHRIS JOHNSON of the Tennessee Titans, MARSHAWN LYNCH of the Seattle Seahawks and ADRIAN PETERSON of the Minnesota Vikings are the finalists for the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week.
Fans can vote for one player in each category on NFL.com/FedEx from 9 a.m. EST on Tuesday through 3 p.m. EST on Friday to determine the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week. The winners will be announced Friday on NFL Total Access on NFL Network and on NFL.com.
Fans will be voting for more than their favorite player. As part of the Air & Ground program and its commitment to small business owners, FedEx will support education efforts at Junior Achievement by making weekly $2,000 donations in each of the winning players’ names. The funding, allocated to local Junior Achievement area offices in that team’s city or state, is used to help U.S. small business development, by educating the next generation of entrepreneurs on how to start and grow their own businesses.
A closer look at the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week finalists:
- New Orleans Saints QB Drew Brees completed 21 of 32 passes for 298 yards and three touchdowns in the Saints’ 31-27 win over the Atlanta Falcons.
- Cincinnati Bengals QB Andy Dalton threw four touchdowns going 21 of 30 for 199 yards in the Bengals’ 31-13 victory against the New York Giants.
- Baltimore Ravens QB Joe Flacco was 21 of 33 for 341 yards and three touchdowns as the Ravens beat the Oakland Raiders 55-20.
A closer look at the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week finalists:
- Tennessee Titans RB
Chris Johnsonrushed for 126 yards on 23 carries and one score as the Titans beat the Miami Dolphins 37-3.
- Seattle Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch gained 124 yards on 27 carries and added a score as the Seahawks beat the New York Jets 28-7.
- Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson tallied 171 yards on 27 carries and scored one touchdown in the Vikings’ 34-24 win over the Detroit Lions.
As the Official Delivery Service Sponsor of the NFL, Super Bowl and Pro Bowl, FedEx is proud to sponsor the 10th annual Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week program. The awards highlight superior on-field performance among the league’s top-performing quarterbacks and running backs, while supporting small business efforts and providing business solutions that matter to fans and customers alike. Follow FedEx on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter @FedExDelivers.