|WATCH LIVE immediately following the game as TitansOnline's Amie Wells, Joe Fann and former Titan WR Derrick Mason offer postgame analysis and interviews, including Ken Whisenhunt / selected players' post-game press conferences|
PRO: A big, athletic target with speed to stretch the field, Justin Gage will once again be relied on to make a major impact in the aerial attack. The Titans offense will rely on his athleticism and ability to line up in the slot or on the outside, making him a dangerous pass catcher. The eighth-year receiver has enjoyed two of his most successful seasons of his career in Tennessee. Gage has big-play ability as his 19.1-yard receiving average in 2008 ranked third in the NFL. He is a natural athlete who played three years on Missouri’s basketball team and switched from quarterback to wide receiver prior to his sophomore year of college.
• In 2008, the 6-foot-4-inch, 212-pound receiver caught 34 passes for a team-best 651 yards and a career-high six touchdowns.
• During his first season with the Titans in 2007, he led the club with a career-high 750 receiving yards and tied for the team lead with a career-best 55 receptions.
• Gage’s first four NFL seasons were spent in Chicago, where he contributed 64 receptions for 908 yards (14.2 avg.) and four touchdowns in 49 games (16 starts).
• During the 2008 offseason, Gage founded the Twelve Starz Foundation, which benefits underprivileged youth in his hometown of Jefferson City, Mo.
• Gage was still relatively new to the receiver position when he entered the NFL in 2003. He converted from quarterback prior to his sophomore year at Missouri. In high school, he played quarterback and earned all-state honors as a defensive back.
• Gage’s first career touchdown pass at Missouri was a one-yard toss to former Titans tight end Dwayne Blakley against Texas A&M (11/13/99).
• The multi-talented Gage was a two-sport standout at Missouri. For his first three years of college, he played in a total of 73 games with the basketball team and averaged 2.1 points and 2.9 rebounds per game. He decided prior to his senior year to focus strictly on football.
• For five years, Gage has co-hosted an offseason youth football camp at Concordia University Chicago with former Chicago Bears guard and second cousin Revie Sorey. He held his first football camp in Jefferson City in 2009.
• The Jefferson City, Mo., native was originally selected by the Chicago Bears in the fifth-round (143rd overall) in the 2003 NFL Draft.
• Signed by the Titans as an unrestricted free agent on March 23, 2007.
• Three-time All-Big 12 Conference selection at Missouri started each of team’s 34 games during final three years, finishing with 200 career catches for 2,704 yards and 18 touchdowns while leading the team in receiving each season.
• Also passed for 258 yards by completing 18 of 49 passes with four touchdowns before switching from quarterback to receiver prior to sophomore season.
• As senior, named first-team All-Big 12 after leading team with single-season school record 82 receptions for 1,075 yards and nine touchdowns.
• As junior, ranked 13th in NCAA with 6.8 receptions per game, posted team-high 74 receptions (third-highest total in school history) and gained 920 yards receiving (fifth-best in team annals) with five touchdowns. Earned consensus first-team all-Big 12 honors.
• Scheduled to redshirt as freshman, but was forced into action at quarterback in final three games and completed 14 of 41 passes for 138 yards and two touchdowns.
• Majored in business at Missouri.
• Married to Joy Carter, the couple splits time between Nashville and St. Louis, Mo. Has a son, Justin Corde Gage (2).
• Standout quarterback at Jefferson City (Mo.) H.S. added second-team all-state honors as defensive back. Passed for 1,148 yards and 21 touchdowns while rushing for 702 yards and 12 touchdowns as senior.
• Also lettered in basketball in high school.
• Took part in Titans Caravan 2008 in April visiting fans in Lebanon, Gallatin, Bowling Green and White House.
• Active with Boys & Girls Club in Jefferson City.
• List of favorites: (movie) “Harlem Nights”; (TV show) “24”; (actor) Denzel Washington; (actress) Salma Hayek; (musicians) Trick Daddy and Lil’ Wayne; (school subject) math; (video games) any action games; (vacation getaway) Bahamas; and (food) soul food.
• Born Justin Charles Gage on Jan. 24, 1981 in Indianapolis, Ind.