Quarterbacks Dak Prescott (Cowboys), Jared Goff (Rams) and Ryan Fitzpatrick (Dolphins), and running backs Derrick Henry (Titans), Joe Mixon (Bengals) and Damien Williams (Chiefs) are the nominees for FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week for Week 17, the NFL announced today.
FedEx gives fans the opportunity to recognize top-performing quarterbacks and running backs through the FedEx Air & Ground Awards. Voting for this week's nominees is open until Thursday at 3:00 p.m. ET at NFL.com/FedEx. Fans can also vote on Twitter using the NFL published polls.
As part of FedEx's continued commitment to deliver support to service members and their families, FedEx will donate $2,000 to the USO on behalf of each winner through FedEx Cares. The $4,000 donation will support USO Pathfinder, which provides resources and personalized services to assist service members and military spouses in their transition back to civilian life.
RB DERRICK HENRY GAME NOTES
· Rushed for 211 yards and three touchdowns on 32 carries. His 211 rushing yards made up the second-best total of his career and the fifth-best single-game total in franchise history.
· Owns two of the team's top-five rushing games in franchise annals, including his performance at Houston and his franchise-record 238 rushing yards against Jacksonville on Dec. 6, 2018.
· Claimed the NFL's 2019 rushing title with 1,540 yards on 303 carries (5.1 avg.). The next-closest finisher was Cleveland's Nick Chubb, who had 1,494 rushing yards. Henry joined Billy Cannon (AFL, 1961), Earl Campbell (1978-80) and Chris Johnson (2009) as the only running backs in franchise history to lead their respective leagues in rushing.
· Rushed for a three-yard touchdown in the third quarter and added fourth-quarter touchdown runs of one yard and 53 yards. It marked his second career game with three or more touchdowns.
· Tied for the NFL lead with 16 rushing touchdowns in 2019 (Aaron Jones) and ranked third in the NFL with 18 total touchdowns.
· Finished with the fourth-best rushing yardage total in franchise history. His campaign was topped only by Chris Johnson in 2009 (2,006 rushing yards), Earl Campbell in 1980 (1,934) and Campbell in 1979 (1,697).
· Hit the 100-yard mark on an eight-yard carry in the third quarter. He notched his career-high sixth 100-yard rushing game of 2019 and his 11th career 100-yard rushing game, including playoffs.
· Finished second in franchise history with 16 rushing touchdowns during the season. Earl Campbell holds the record with 19.
· With 16 rushing touchdowns and two receiving touchdowns in 2019, Henry tied Bill Groman (18 touchdowns in 1961) for the second-highest number of total touchdowns in a season in franchise history. Earl Campbell's 19 total touchdowns (all rushing) in 1979 are the most for the franchise.
· With 38 career rushing touchdowns, he passed Steve McNair (36) for fourth place on the franchise's all-time rushing touchdowns list.
· His 108 points in 2019 tied for the second-most by a non-kicker in franchise history (114 by Earl Campbell in 1979; 108 by Bill Groman in 1961).
· Registered his seventh career rushing touchdown of 50-plus yards, which leads the NFL since he entered the NFL in 2016.
The Tennessee Titans take on the Houston Texans in Sunday's Week 17 matchup at NRG Stadium. (Photos: Donald Page)