Quarterbacks Lamar Jackson (Ravens), Patrick Mahomes (Chiefs) and Daniel Jones (Giants), and running backs Derrick Henry (Titans), Aaron Jones (Packers) and Nick Chubb (Browns) are the nominees for FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week for Week 10, the NFL announced today.
FedEx gives fans the opportunity to recognize top-performing quarterbacks and running backs through the FedEx Air & Ground Awards. Voting for this week’s nominees is open until Thursday at 3:00 p.m. ET at NFL.com/FedEx. Fans can also vote on Twitter using the NFL published polls.
DERRICK HENRY GAME NOTES
· Totaled 188 yards and two touchdowns on 23 rushing attempts (8.2 avg.). His 188 yards made up the second-highest single-game total of his four-year career.
· Recorded his fifth career game with at least two rushing touchdowns and his first such performance of 2019. He scored on a 68-yard run in the third quarter and a one-yard run in the fourth quarter. It gave him eight rushing touchdowns in 2019 and 30 rushing touchdowns in his NFL career. He had two previous performances in 2019 in which he tallied two scrimmage touchdowns (one rushing, one receiving).
· With 30 career rushing touchdowns, he passed Lorenzo White (29) for fifth place on the franchise’s all-time rushing touchdowns list. The only players in team annals with more rushing touchdowns than Henry are Earl Campbell (73), Eddie George (64), Chris Johnson (50) and Steve McNair (36).
· With his 10th total touchdown in 2019, he became the sixth player in franchise history with at least 10 touchdowns in two or more consecutive seasons, joining Bill Groman (1960-61), Billy Cannon (1961-62), Earl Campbell (1978-81), Eddie George (1999–2000) and Chris Johnson (2008-10).
· His 68-yard touchdown run was the fourth-longest rushing attempt of his four-year career and his longest run since a 99-yarder on Dec. 6, 2018.
· His 68-yard touchdown run was his seventh career scrimmage play of 50 yards or more (five rushing, two receiving).
· Registered his second 100-yard rushing game of 2019 and his sixth career 100-yard rushing game in the regular season. It was his second consecutive 100-yard game against the Chiefs, including a 2017 playoff performance.
· On his 68-yard touchdown, he became the ninth player in franchise history to reach 3,000 career rushing yards.
· His 188 rushing yards gave him the NFL’s second-largest single-game total in 2019. The only player with more rushing yards in a game this season was Jacksonville’s Leonard Fournette, who had 225 yards at the Denver Broncos on Sept. 29.
· Registered his third career game with at least 170 rushing yards and two rushing touchdowns, tying for the fifth-most such games in a player's first four seasons in league annals. Only Pro Football Hall of Famers Jim Brown (six), Eric Dickerson (six) and Earl Campbell (five), as well as Jamal Lewis (four) had more.
As part of FedEx’s continued commitment to deliver support to service members and their families, FedEx will donate $2,000 to the USO on behalf of each winner through FedEx Cares. The $4,000 donation will support USO Pathfinder, which provides resources and personalized services to assist service members and military spouses in their transition back to civilian life.
The Tennessee Titans take on the Kansas City Chiefs in Week 10 of the 2019 season at Nissan Stadium. (Photos: Donald Page)