NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Titans were back on the field on Monday at Saint Thomas Sports Park for their 14th practice of training camp.
Here’s a look at what stood out:
- The Titans practiced inside the team’s indoor facility at Saint Thomas Sports Park.
- In 7-on-7 drills, tight end Anthony Firkser caught a bullet across the middle from quarterback Marcus Mariota right out of the gate. Receiver Cameron Batson caught a deep ball from quarterback Luke Falk later in the period when personnel changed.
- Receiver Nick Williams, who has really emerged of late, caught punts during a return game period.
- Running back Dion Lewis is going to be quite a weapon this fall. He catches the ball well, and he’s shown the ability to bounce in and out of space and get into the open field in a hurry, something he did again on Monday.
- It was a really good day for receiver Corey Davis, who caught a deep ball thrown by Mariota, and was targeted throughout the practice. Davis has had solid practices in back-to-back days.
- Receiver Darius Jennings ended practice with probably the catch of the day, going up high to catch a ball over defending cornerback LeShaun Sims. Earlier in practice, Jennings scored a touchdown in a red zone period.
- Receiver Tajae Sharpe appears to be getting more and more work with the first team, and he had another good day on Monday. He caught a touchdown to close out a two-minute drive.
- Receiver Deontay Burnett caught a touchdown in a red zone period.
- Defensive back Kalan Reed showed up just in time to knock a ball down intended for Batson.
- Receivers Devin Ross and Burnett made a pair of nice grabs in another period. Both seem to get themselves notice on a pretty regular basis in practices.
- While Jennings got Sims on the last play of practice, Sims intercepted a Blaine Gabbert pass earlier in practice on a really nice play.
- Cornerbacks Logan Ryan and Adoree’ Jackson had good days, breaking up passes and being around the ball. Ryan has been solid in coverage in camp, and is getting his hands on the ball more and more.
- Linebacker Brian Orakpo, linebacker Rashaan Evans, safety Dane Cruikshank, defensive lineman David King, receiver Michael Campanaro, and defensive lineman Du’Vonta Lampkin did not practice, along with receiver Rishard Matthews and right tackle Jack Conklin, who remain on PUP.
Next practice: Wednesday, 9:50 am-noon with Buccaneers.
The Titans take the field for Day 14 of training camp practice on Monday, Aug. 13, 2018 at Saint Thomas Sports Park. (Photos: Gary Glenn)