TEAM NOTES – DEFENSE
· Allowed the Jaguars 12 total first downs, the fewest by a Titans opponent since the Dolphins had 12 at Miami on Oct. 8, 2017.
· Yielded only two conversions on 11 third-down attempts by the Jaguars. It brought the Titans’ third-down defensive numbers in 2019 to 10 conversions on 35 attempts (28.6 percent).
TEAM NOTES – OFFENSE
· Recorded a 35:16 time of possession, the club’s highest figure since holding the ball for 35:21 at the New York Giants on Dec. 16, 2018.
· Converted 47.1 percent on third down. It was their highest percentage since a 63.6 percent effort (7-11) against Jacksonville on Dec. 6, 2018.
· Totaled 15 passing first downs, the most by the Titans offense since registering 16 passing first downs against the Los Angeles Chargers on Oct. 21, 2018.
OLB REGGIE GILBERT
· Made his debut with the Titans after missing the first two games due to a knee injury. Gilbert was acquired before the season in a trade with the Green Bay Packers.
RB DERRICK HENRY
· Led the team with 44 yards on 17 rushing attempts.
· Rushed for a one-yard touchdown in the fourth quarter. It gave him a rushing touchdown in all three games to start the 2019 season. It was his 25th career rushing touchdown.
· Scored his NFL-leading 12th total touchdown (11 rushing) in his last eight games, dating back to last season.
WR ADAM HUMPHRIES
· Led the team with 93 yards on six receptions. He achieved the fourth-highest receiving yardage total of his career and his highest since joining the Titans in 2019.
· Recorded a 30-yard reception in the first quarter.
P BRETT KERN
· Appeared in his 157th career game with the Titans to tie former linebacker Keith Bulluck for eighth place on the team's all-time career games played list.
· Punted eight times for a 46.5-yard average (40.1 net) with four punts placed inside the 20. It was his 12th career game with at least eight punts and his first such outing since Oct. 14, 2018 against Baltimore (nine punts).
· Placed a 52-yard punt at Jacksonville’s five-yard line in the second quarter.
QB MARCUS MARIOTA
· Completed 23 of 40 passes for 304 yards with no interceptions and a passer rating of 81.7.
· In the second half, he was 17-of-24 for 242 yards passing. He set his career high for passing yards in the second half of a game.
· Tossed a 47-yard pass to wide receiver Tajaé Sharpe in the third quarter.
· Notched his ninth career 300-yard passing game and his first since a 303-yard effort at Houston on Nov. 26, 2018.
WR TAJAÉ SHARPE
· Totaled 70 yards on two receptions, posting the third-highest yardage total of his career.
· Recorded a 23-yard reception in the first quarter.
· Registered a career-long 47-yard catch in the third quarter. His previous career long was a 34-yard touchdown at Indianapolis on Nov. 20, 2016.
TE JONNU SMITH
· Caught two passes for 20 yards, including a 20-yard reception in the third quarter.
TE DELANIE WALKER
· Accumulated 64 yards on a team-high seven receptions. It was his third consecutive game to lead the team in receptions to begin the 2019 campaign.
· Registered a 29-yard catch in the fourth quarter.
The Tennessee Titans take on the Jacksonville Jaguars in Week 3 of the 2019 NFL season on Thursday Night Football.