PRO: The Titans signed Ben Jones early in the 2016 free agency period to bring veteran leadership and experience to the center position and he provided just that in his two campaigns with the club. The 6-foot-3-inch, 308-pounder was originally selected by the Houston Texans in the fourth round (99th overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft. The University of Georgia product is a versatile player, having started contests at center and both guard spots in his first four seasons with the Texans.
• Jones has started games at center, left guard and right guard during his NFL career and has opened holes for three 1,000-yard rushers.
• In 2016, Jones centered all 16 games in his first campaign with the Titans and was a part of an offensive front that blocked for the NFL’s third-ranked rushing attack which averaged 136.7 rush yards per game.
• In 2015, Jones transitioned to his natural position of center and started all 16 games and the playoff contest for the Texans.
• In 2014, Jones started all 16 contests at left guard.
• As a rookie in 2012, Jones started the final 10 games of the season at right guard and was named the Texans Rookie of the Year.
• Jones switched from jersey #61 to #60 prior to his senior season at Georgia, to honor his father, Steve, a former collegiate star, who was killed in a helicopter crash when he was 10 years old.
• Jones’ pregame ritual consists of walking barefoot on the field “to get a feel for the turf.” The routine began before one game with his brother in high school and after enjoying success that night, it has continued ever since.
• When he was 10 years old, Jones suffered a blow to the head with a baseball bat. The impact caused a blood clot to develop on his brain and fractured his skull. The injury kept him out of all athletic activity for a year, proving to be a challenging time for an active and athletic boy. Although it was a tough period in his life, Ben says this time turned him into the man he is today. As soon as he was cleared for activities, Jones threw himself into being the best athlete he could be.
• In 2017, Jones established The Jones Mission Fund at The Community Foundation to provide at-risk youth with opportunities they might otherwise not have through grants, additional resources and educational opportunities.
• During the past two offseasons, Jones and his wife, Alex, have hosted the Ben Jones Celebrity Clay Shoot. The two events raised more than $182,000.
• Jones’ brother, Clay, played baseball for the University of Alabama and then was drafted by the Detroit Tigers.
• A native of Brent, Ala., Jones was originally selected by the Houston Texans in the fourth round (99th overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft.
• Signed by the Titans as an unrestricted free agent on March 10, 2016.
• Finished his collegiate career ranked third in Georgia history with 49 starts.
• Was a two-time All-SEC selection by the league’s coaches and four-time SEC Offensive Lineman of the Week during his career. Was named to Georgia’s Team of the Decade.
• As a senior (2011), earned All-SEC first-team honors and was rated the nation’s second-best center in the draft by The NFL Draft Report. Named second-team All-SEC honoree by the Associated Press, Phil Steele and the league’s coaches for his senior season.
• In his final collegiate season, served as a team captain and started all 14 games at center.
• As a junior (2010), appeared in 13 games making 12 starts. Earned All-SEC second-team honors from The NFL Draft Report.
• As a sophomore (2009), started all 13 games and was named All-SEC second-team by the league’s coaches.
• As a freshman (2008), appeared in 13 games making 10 starts at center and was selected a Freshman All-American and Freshman All-SEC. Named Freshman All-American first-team by College Football News, adding second-team honors from The Sporting News and Phil Steele.
• Member of the fall 2009 Georgia Athletic Director’s Honor Roll.
• Majored in Health & Physical Education at Georgia.
• Married to Alex, and the couple lives in Nashville.
• Attended Bibb County High School in Centreville, Ala., where he earned Super Prep All-Dixie Team, Prep Star All-Southeast Region and Alabama Sports Writers Association Class 5A first-team All-State honors as a senior.
• Was a standout first baseman and pitcher on Bibb County’s baseball team, where in 2007 he was selected to the Tuscaloosa News West Alabama Baseball All-Star squad. Had a .345 career batting average and collected a school-record 48 RBI in 2007.
• Follow Jones on Instagram at @jones60ben.
• Born Ben Jones on July 2, 1989 in Birmingham, Ala.
Titans Center Ben Jones’ 3rd Annual Celebrity Clay Shoot
Titans center Ben Jones Jones gathers teammates to host the third annual Ben Jones Celebrity Clay shoot, an event that benefits area nonprofits dedicated to enriching the lives of at-risk youth.
My Draft Story: Titans Center Ben Jones
Titans center Ben Jones recalls the anticipation of waiting to be selected by the Houston Texans in the fourth round of the 2012 NFL Draft.
Ben Jones: You Want to Get Out Here and Be with Your Brothers
Tennessee Titans center Ben Jones talks to reporters following voluntary minicamp practice at Saint Thomas Sports Park.
My Cause My Cleats: Reaction on Unboxing Day
Marcus Mariota and some of the Tennessee Titans players react to seeing their cleats for Sunday's "My Cause, My Cleats" game.
Ben Jones on Cleaning up Penalties on Offense
Tennessee Titans center Ben Jones addresses reporters following Sunday's victory over the Cleveland Browns at First Energy Stadium.
Titans All Access: 1-on-1 with Ben Jones
"Voice of the Titans" Mike Keith visits with Tennessee Titans center Ben Jones to talk about the success of his celebrity clay shoot in the spring.
Behind the Flame: C Ben Jones
Get to know Tennessee Titans center Ben Jones in this edition of "Behind the Flame."
Ben Jones on Getting a Win at Nissan Stadium
Tennessee Titans center Ben Jones addresses reporters following Sunday's victory over the Seattle Seahawks at Nissan Stadium.
Ben Jones on Offense Playing Physical
Tennessee Titans center Ben Jones talks to reporters after Wednesday's practice at Saint Thomas Sports Park.
Random Acts of Kickoff: Ben Jones Buys Lunch at Wendy's
As a part of the kickoff to the 2017 NFL season, the Tennessee Titans are committing random acts of kindness, including buying lunch for patrons at a Wendy's in Nashville.
Ben Jones on Being Perfect on Every Play
Tennessee Titans center Ben Jones addresses reporters following Sunday's training camp practice at Saint Thomas Sports Park.
Titans in 2017: Offensive Line
Amie Wells and senior writer discuss the offensive line for the Tennessee Titans in 2017.
Ben Jones Hosts Celebrity Clay Shoot
Tennessee Titans center Ben Jones wanted his first community event in Nashville to be something out of the ordinary. His answer: a celebrity clay shoot.
Titans Host Annual 5K Run/Walk
Nearly 2,000 people participated in the 2017 Titans 5K Run/Walk at Nissan Stadium on Saturday.
Ben Jones Surprises Season Ticket Members
Tennessee Titans center Ben Jones calls a handful of season ticket members to thank them for renewing their season tickets for the 2017 season.
Ben Jones' Final Thoughts Upon Team Arrival
Amie Wells visits with center Ben Jones to get his final thoughts on Sunday's game between the Tennessee Titans and the Miami Dolphins.
1-on-1 with C Ben Jones
"Voice of the Titans" Mike Keith goes 1-on-1 with new Titans center Ben Jones, who returns to Houston on Sunday to play his former team.
Ben Jones on Taking Pride in Run Game Success
Tennessee Titans center Ben Jones addresses reporters following Monday's practice at Saint Thomas Sports Park.
Ben Jones on Solid Offensive Line Performance
Tennessee Titans center Ben Jones addresses reporters following Saturday's preseason victory over the Oakland Raiders at Oakland Alameda Coliseum.
Ben Jones on Bouncing Back From Off Day
Tennessee Titans center Ben Jones addresses reporters following Thursday's training camp practice at Saint Thomas Sports Park.
Ben Jones on Andre Johnson as a Teammate
Tennessee Titans center Ben Jones talks to reporters at Saint Thomas Sports Park on the first day of training camp.
Titans Surprise Season Ticket Members
The Tennessee Titans deliver the 2016 season tickets to select season ticket members.
In the Community: Titans Takeover Hardee's
Tennessee Titans defensive end Jurrell Casey and center Ben Jones spend time working the drive-thru at a couple of Hardee's locations around Middle Tennessee.
Ben Jones on Chemistry Within the Offensive Line
Tennessee Titans center Ben Jones addresses reporters following Thursday's OTA practice at Saint Thomas Sports Park.
Ben Jones on Playing Physical Every Play
Tennessee Titans center Ben Jones talks to the media at Saint Thomas Sports Park.
Titans Center Ben Jones Gathers Teammates for Clay Shoot To Help At-Risk Youth
Mom Knows Best: Titans Center Ben Jones Credits Mom for Instilling Toughness as He Approaches 100th Straight Game
Five Observations from the Titans 5K
Loss of Father Inspired Titans Center Ben Jones to Give Back
Taste of the Titans Event Raises 115k to Help Children in Need
Marcus Mariota, Titans Share Draft Day Memories
JDRF Event a Success, with Help of Titans GM Jon Robinson
Titans Mailbag: Jim Wyatt Answers Questions from Fans
Draft Analysts Reveal Best-Case Scenarios for Titans
Titans Mailbag: Jim Wyatt Answers Questions from Fans
Coach Vrabel: Starting Spots Will be Earned on Titans O-line
Titans Reach Deal with Former Bucs Lineman Kevin Pamphile
Titans Mailbag: Jim Wyatt Answers Questions from Fans
What “Titan Up” Means to Titans Coach Mike Vrabel
Titans Set to Face Patriots in AFC Divisional Round
Coach Mularkey's Sunday Conference Call Transcript
QB Marcus Mariota Guides Titans to Improbable Win
No Softy: RB Derrick Henry Runs Like “Beast” for Titans
Glennon's Take: Underdog Titans Conquer Another Challenge
Titans WR Eric Decker Makes Clutch Game-Winning Catch
LB Erik Walden Leads Titans in Playoff Experience
Titans Beat Jaguars, Punch Ticket to Playoffs
Game Notes: Titans vs. Jaguars
It’s Halftime: What’s Happened so Far in Titans-Jaguars
Glennon's Take: Titans Down to One Last Chance
Titans Players Address Reporters Between Offseason Workouts
Titans players Ben Jones, Kevin Dodd, Delanie Walker and Brice McCain address reporters at Saint Thomas Sports Park. (AP Photos)
Offensive Lineman Ben Jones Arrives in Nashville
New Titans offensive lineman Ben Jones arrives at Saint Thomas Sports Park to sign his contract. (Photos: Gary Glenn)
|17||Colts||L 17 - 33||1||1|
|16||Redskins||W 25 - 16||1||1|
|15||@Giants||W 17 - 0||1||1|
|14||Jaguars||W 30 - 9||1||1|
|13||Jets||W 26 - 22||1||1|
|12||@Texans||L 17 - 34||1||1|
|11||@Colts||L 10 - 38||1||1|
|10||Patriots||W 34 - 10||1||1|
|9||@Cowboys||W 28 - 14||1||1|
|7||@Chargers||L 19 - 20||1||1|
|6||Ravens||L 0 - 21||1||1|
|5||@Bills||L 12 - 13||1||1|
|4||Eagles||W 26 - 23||1||1|
|3||@Jaguars||W 9 - 6||1||1|
|2||Texans||W 20 - 17||1||1|
|1||@Dolphins||L 20 - 27||1||1|