PRO: The Titans signed Brent Urban midway through the 2019 offseason to add depth and experience to the defensive front. The 6-foot-7-inch, 300-pounder has experience in defensive coordinator Dean Pees’ scheme after beginning his career as a fourth-round pick of the Baltimore Ravens in 2014. In his first five NFL seasons with the Ravens, Urban played in 41 games and tallied 52 tackles, 3.5 sacks and five passes defensed.
• In 2018, Urban recorded a career-high 27 tackles, two passes defensed and a half sack for the league’s top overall defense and second ranked scoring defense.
• In 2016, Urban recorded 10 tackles, two sacks and two passes defensed for the league’s seventh-ranked unit.
• Urban has blocked two field goals in his career in clutch moments. He blocked an attempt in the fourth quarter in a 19-17 win at Jacksonville (9/25/16) and also blocked a kick that was returned 64 yards for the game-winning touchdown by Will Hill III in his NFL debut on Monday Night Football at Cleveland (11/30/15).
• Urban was an imposing figure at left wing for one of North America’s top junior hockey teams, the Triple-A Mississauga Ice Dogs. Some of his teammates included NHL players Ryan Ellis (Nashville Predators) and Casey Cizikas (New York Islanders).
• Urban was selected as the 15th overall pick in the 2013 Canadian Football League Draft by the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, but opted to pursue an NFL career instead.
• The Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, native was originally selected by the Baltimore Ravens in the fourth round (134th overall) of the 2014 NFL Draft.
• Signed by the Titans as an unrestricted free agent on April 29, 2019.
• Played in 36 games with 20 starts at Virginia, totaling 75 tackles, 16.5 tackles for loss, three sacks, two fumble recoveries, a forced fumble and 11 passes defensed.
• As a senior (2013), started all eight games in which he played and earned honorable mention All-ACC accolades after posting a career-high 40 tackles, a sack, 11.5 tackles for loss and nine passes defensed which led all NCAA down linemen. Missed four games because of injury.
• As a junior (2012), was one of 11 Cavaliers to start all 12 games and finished the season with 20 tackles. Returned a fumble 16 yards for a touchdown.
• As a sophomore (2011), appeared in all 13 of Virginia’s games and made 15 tackles, including 2.5 tackles for a loss.
• As a redshirt freshman (2010), appeared in three of Virginia’s 12 games. Slowed early in the season by injury.
• Redshirted as a true freshman in 2009.
• Earned a general studies degree from Virginia.
• Attended Lorne Park (Mississauga, Ontario) Secondary School, where he was a two-time Toronto Star All-Star.
• Also played basketball and junior hockey.
• Played left wing on the best junior hockey team in North America.
• Born Brent Urban on May 5, 1991 in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.