|YEAR||TEAM||G||FUM||LOST||FF||OWN FR||OPP FR||TD|
PRO: During the 2019 offseason, the Titans were looking to add pass rushing talent from the outside linebacker spot in their 3-4 defensive alignment. The club found just that when they signed Cameron Wake as an unrestricted free agent on March 15, 2019. The 6-foot-3-inch, 263-pounder arrived in Tennessee as a five-time Pro Bowl selection, having registered 98 career sacks and 213 quarterback pressures in 10 seasons (2009-18) with the Miami Dolphins. The Penn State product originally entered the NFL as a rookie free agent with the N.Y. Giants in 2005. After being released, Wake took a year off from the field before enjoying two impressive seasons in the CFL with the B.C. Lions. He parlayed back-to-back CFL Defensive Player of the Year awards in 2007 and 2008 into a free agent deal with the Dolphins in 2009.
• From 2009-18 Wake’s 98 sacks were tied for first in the NFL during that span.
• In his first 10 seasons with Miami (2009-18), Wake played in 146 games and amassed 348 tackles, 98 sacks, an interception, 15 passes defensed, 22 forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries.
• Wake was named one the Dolphins 50 greatest players on the franchise’s 50th Season All-Time Team.
• In 2016, Wake was named to his fifth Pro Bowl as a starter and named second-team All-Pro edge rusher after collecting 11.5 sacks and five forced fumbles.
• In 2014, Wake was selected to his fourth career Pro Bowl and selected second-team All-Pro after recording 11.5 sacks and three forced fumbles.
• In 2013, Wake earned his third career Pro Bowl nod by posting 8.5 sacks and two forced fumbles.
• In 2012, Wake was named first-team All-Pro and earned his second career Pro Bowl selection after producing 15 sacks and three forced fumbles.
• In 2010, Wake earned his first career Pro Bowl nod after leading the Dolphins with 14 sacks.
• Wake took an unusual route to the NFL. Following his career at Penn State, he signed with the New York Giants as an undrafted free agent. Released by the Giants on June 22, 2005, Wake entered the corporate world and spent 2006 as a mortgage broker. He then resumed his professional football career in Canada with the B.C. Lions.
• The Hyattsville, Md., native was originally signed by the N.Y. Giants as an undrafted college free agent on May 6, 2005.
• Waived by the N.Y. Giants on June 22, 2005.
• Signed by the B.C. Lions of the Canadian Football League in May 2007.
• Signed by the Miami Dolphins as a free agent on Jan. 19, 2009.
• Signed by the Titans as an unrestricted free agent on March 15, 2019.
• Was a four-year letterwinner at Penn State and played primarily as a linebacker for the Nittany Lions, but also played the defensive end position.
• Finished his collegiate career with 191 total tackles, two forced fumbles, 8.5 sacks and 24 tackles for losses as well as seven blocked kicks.
• Majored in sociology at Penn State.
• Attended DeMatha (Hyattsville, Md.) High School and played safety, running back and wide receiver.
• As a senior, named the Washington Post’s Defensive Player of the Year in 1999.
• Also lettered in track and basketball.
• Follow Wake on Twitter at @Kold91.
• Follow Wake on Instagram at @ninety1.
• Born Derek Cameron Wake on Jan. 30, 1982 in Beltsville, Md.