Titans Player Roster | Tennessee Titans - TitansOnline.com
PRO: The Titans selected D’Andre Walker in the fifth round during the 2019 NFL Draft, adding a skilled and relentless pass rusher to the outside linebacker corps. During his four seasons at Georgia, he accumulated 13.5 sacks, including a career-high 7.5 sacks as a senior.
• Walker started all 13 games as a senior in 2018, finishing with career highs in tackles (45), sacks (7.5), passes defensed (three), forced fumbles (four) and fumble recoveries (one).
• Prior to the 2019 NFL Draft in Nashville, former Tennessee State University linebacker Christion Abercrombie was chosen to announce the Titans’ fifth-round choice. Abercrombie became an inspirational figure in Nashville and around the football world by overcoming a life-threatening injury during the 2018 season and battling through two subsequent brain surgeries. By chance, he announced the Titans’ selection of Walker, a friend since age 10 when the two played youth football at Welcome All Park in College Park, Ga.
• Walker says his most memorable college football game was the national semifinal matchup between Georgia and Oklahoma at the Rose Bowl on Jan. 1, 2018. In the double-overtime win for the Bulldogs, Walker made a crucial third-down tackle to force a punt, leading to Georgia’s game-tying touchdown drive on the ensuing possession.
• Walker claims the most inspirational person in his life is his mother, Au’Drea, who worked as a massage therapist to provide for him and his two sisters.
• The College Park, Ga., native was selected by the Titans in the fifth round (168th overall) of the 2019 NFL Draft.
• During a four-year career at Georgia, Walker appeared in 54 games (13 starts) and totaled 113 tackles, 13.5 sacks, 27.5 tackles for loss, four passes defensed, five forced fumbles, one fumble recoveries and two blocked punts.
AS A SENIOR (2018), started all 13 games in which he played and established career highs with 45 tackles, 7.5 sacks, 14 quarterback pressures, three passes defensed, four forced fumbles and one fumble recovery. Added 11 tackles for loss. Led the team in tackles for loss, sacks and quarterback pressures. Named a co-winner of the team’s Defensive Up Front award.
• At Missouri (9/22), had two sacks, four quarterback pressures and four tackles.
• Against Tennessee (9/29), registered a six-yard sack and forced fumble.
• Against Georgia Tech (11/24), recorded a career-best seven tackles, including a second-quarter sack.
• Against Alabama in the SEC Championship Game (12/1), posted five tackles, two tackles for loss, a sack, a forced fumble and a pass breakup.
AS A JUNIOR (2017), played in 15 games and recorded 40 total tackles. Ranked second on the team with 5.5 sacks and a career-high 13.5 tackles for loss. Added 12 quarterback pressures. He was one of four defensive players to win the team’s Most Improved Award.
• At Notre Dame (9/9), collected three solo tackles and two tackles for loss.
• At Tennessee (9/30), blocked a punt and added one quarterback hurry.
• Against Kentucky (11/18), forced a fumble on a sack.
• At Georgia Tech (11/25), recorded a then-career-high six tackles, including a pair of tackles for loss.
• Against Auburn in the SEC Championship Game (12/2), notched four tackles, one sack and two tackles for loss.
• Against Oklahoma in the Rose Bowl (1/1/18), made five tackles, including two tackles for loss and an eight-yard sack.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2016), appeared in all 13 games and registered 19 tackles, 2.5 tackles for loss and seven quarterback pressures (third on team).
• At Mississippi (9/24), posted four stops, including a season-high 1.5 tackles for loss.
• At South Carolina (10/9), recorded a then-career-best five tackles, including one tackle for loss.
AS A FRESHMAN (2015), played in all 13 games and registered nine total tackles and two quarterback pressures.
• Against Louisiana-Monroe (9/5), registered a tackle and blocked a punt for a safety in his college debut.
• Recorded a season-high four tackles at Vanderbilt (9/12) and against Alabama (10/3).
• Majored in sociology at Georgia.
• Attended Langston Hughes (Fairburn, Ga.) High School, where he earned Parade Magazine All-America honorable mention as a senior in 2014. He added 2014 U.S. Army All-American, Atlanta Journal-Constitution Class AAAAAA All-State Team and Georgia Sports Writers Association All-State Class AAAAAA First Team Defense honors.
• Finished his senior season with 102 tackles, including 29 tackles for loss and 23.5 sacks. Helped lead his team to a 9-2 record and the Class AAAAAA playoffs.
• Named a four-star prospect by PrepStar Magazine (236th overall prospect), Rivals.com (85th overall prospect), Scout.com (79th nationally and seventh among outside linebackers) and 247sports.com (165th nationally).
• List of favorites: (movies) “ATL,” “Takers” and “The Equalizer”; (TV shows) “Martin” and “T.I. & Tiny: The Family Hustle”; (musician) T.I.; (meal) salmon; and (dessert) ice cream with cake, brownies or cookies.
• Follow Walker on Twitter and Instagram at @DAndreWalker15.
• Born D’Andre Walker on Jan. 23, 1997 in College Park, Ga.