PRO: The Titans traded up to select Dane Cruikshank with the 152nd overall pick in the fifth round of the 2018 NFL Draft. The 6-foot-1 inch, 209-pound defender possesses above average size and speed for a defensive back, and was coveted for his versatility, having played safety, and both inside and outside cornerback at Arizona. Cruikshank started all 25 games during his two seasons as a Wildcat and provided a steady presence in both the run game and pass coverage.
• In 2018, scored his first career touchdown with a 66-yard reception on a fake punt against Houston (9/16) and was named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week.
• From 2016-17, Cruikshank started 25 consecutive games at Arizona after transferring from Citrus College.
• Cruikshank credits his grandparents and his mother for his success in life. “My grandparents have provided for their whole family, and they’ve helped everyone in the family be successful at whatever they choose to do. My mom, (Beverley Jackson, a hair stylist) she’s been able to raise her kids by working hard and never taking days off. She loves us and gives us everything we need.”
• Growing up a Southern California fan, his most memorable college football moment was playing the Trojans in the Coliseum. Cruikshank posted 10 tackles and one interception in the contest.
• Cruikshank’s nickname is ‘Smoove.’ He wore jersey No. 2 in high school, earning the nickname ‘2 Smoove,’ which was then shortened to Smoove.
• He lists owning his own business as a goal on his bucket list. He would one day like to open his own training facility.
• The Chino Hills, Calif., native was selected by the Titans in the fifth round (152nd overall) of the 2018 NFL Draft.
• During a two-year career at Arizona, he started all 25 games at ‘spur’ safety and cornerback. Cruikshank recorded 135 tackles, 1.5 sacks, seven tackles for loss, 17 passes defensed, one forced fumble and intercepted five passes for 68 yards.
• Prior to Arizona, he played two seasons at Citrus College.
• As a senior (2017), started all 13 games after switching to spur safety from cornerback. Ranked fifth on the team with 75 tackles. Also posted 1.5 sacks, 5.5 tackles for loss, eight passes defensed, one forced fumble and three interceptions for 65 yards as a Wildcat. Voted as a team captain by his teammates.
• As a redshirt junior (2016), started all 13 games at cornerback in his first season at Arizona and finished fourth on the team in tackles with 60. Tied for the team lead with a pair of interceptions. Also tallied 1.5 tackles for loss and nine passes defensed.
• As a junior (2015), redshirted after transferring to Arizona.
• As a sophomore (2014), saw action in 10 games as an Owl and notched 45 tackles, a tackle for loss, four passes defensed and one interception for 29 yards. Named first-team all-state.
• As a freshman (2013), appeared in all 11 games for Citrus College and posted five tackles and one forced fumble. Caught four passes for 147 yards and one touchdown, and added five kick returns for 103 yards.
• Graduated in May 2017 from Arizona with a degree in general studies.
• Attended Ayala (Chino Hills, Calif.), High School where he played cornerback, safety, wide receiver, running back and return specialist.
• Also ran track as a high school athlete.
• List of favorites: (TV show) “Power”; (movies) “Friday,” “Black Panther” and “Avengers: Infinity War”; (musician or band) Meek Mill, Drake, Migos and YoungBoy; (food) seafood; (childhood sports team) Los Angeles Lakers; and (guilty pleasure) peach cobbler or sour candy.
• He has three siblings, two older sisters and one younger brother.
• Follow Cruikshank on Twitter and Instagram at @Dane2Smoove.
• Born Dane Ashton Cruikshank on April 27, 1995 in Los Angeles, Calif.
Titans HC Mike Vrabel: Mistakes Can Be Teachable Moments
Rookie Dane Cruikshank Adjusting to NFL, "Big" Playbook
Busy Titans CB Adoree’ Jackson Ready for Bigger Things
|3||@Jaguars||L 7 - 20|
|2||Colts||L 17 - 19||2||0||2||0||0||0|
|1||@Browns||W 43 - 13|