PRO: The Titans added free agent wide receiver Darius Jennings to the roster during the 2017 offseason. The 5-foot-10-inch, 180-pounder has the ability to line up at wide receiver as well as return kicks. He set the franchise’s single-season record and led the NFL with a 31.7-yard kickoff return average in 2018. After completing his four-year career at Virginia, Jennings ranked No. 1 all-time in program history with 1,839 kick return yards. Jennings originally signed as a rookie free agent with the Cleveland Browns in 2015 and has since spent time on the practice squads of Cleveland, Chicago Bears and the New York Jets.
• In 2018, Jennings set the team’s single-season record with a 31.7-yard kickoff return average, totaling 698 yards on 22 attempts with one touchdown. The previous franchise record was set in 1960 by Ken Hall with a 31.3-yard average (19 for 594 yards). Jennings’ 31.7-yard average led the NFL in 2018 and tied for the eighth-best average in the NFL among qualifiers (1.25 attempts per team game) since 1960.
• At Miami on Sept. 9, 2018, he returned a kickoff 94 yards for his first NFL touchdown and the first kickoff return touchdown for the Titans since 2012.
• During the 2018 offseason, Jennings took part in the NFLPA’s Externship Program with Events DC and Under Armour.
• Helps out with “Next One Up,” an organization helping inner city high school athletes in his hometown of Baltimore, Md.
• Worked as a camp counselor at his alma mater The Gilman (Md.) School, helping middle school children with classwork and activities.
• Signed with the Cleveland Browns as a rookie free agent on May 11, 2015.
• Waived by the Browns on Sept. 5, 2015.
• Signed by the Browns to the team’s practice squad on Sept. 6, 2015.
• Signed by the Browns to the active roster from the practice squad on Dec. 5, 2015.
• Waived by the Browns on Dec. 16, 2015.
• Signed by the Browns as a free agent on Dec. 22, 2015.
• Waived by the Browns on Sept. 3, 2016.
• Signed by the Browns to the team’s practice squad on Sept. 4, 2016.
• Waived by the Browns on Oct. 6, 2016.
• Signed by the Chicago Bears to the team’s practice squad on Oct. 10, 2016.
• Waived by the Bears on Nov. 22, 2016.
• Signed by the New York Jets to the team’s practice squad on Dec. 6, 2016.
• Signed by the Jets to a futures contract on Jan. 2, 2017.
• Waived by the Jets on April 26, 2017.
• Signed by the Titans as a free agent on May 19, 2017.
• Waived by the Titans on Sept. 2, 2017 and signed to the team’s practice squad a day later.
• Signed by the Titans to the active roster from the practice squad on Sept. 23, 2017.
• Waived by the Titans on Nov. 25, 2017.
• Signed by the Titans to a futures contract on Jan. 15, 2018.
• Appeared in 49 games with 28 starts at Virginia during his four-year career as a Cavalier, playing wide receiver and returning kicks. At the completion of his collegiate career, Jennings ranked No. 1 all-time in Virginia history with 1,839 career kick return yards, No. 5 with 133 career receptions, No. 9 in program history with 1,667 career receiving yards and No. 11 with 3,719 career all-purpose yards.
• As a senior (2014), saw action in all 12 games and started 11. Ranked No. 1 in the ACC and No. 8 in the nation with 27.1 yards per kick return and finished his senior season with 677 return yards, 27 receptions for 521 yards and two touchdowns, as well as 115 rushing yards on 24 attempts and one touchdown. Led the team with 1,313 all-purpose yards and was named the team’s Special Teams Player of the Week three times by Virginia’s coaches. Earned All-ACC honorable mention and All-ACC Coaches honorable mention accolades as a kick returner.
• Caught three passes for 39 yards and a touchdown against UCLA (8/30).
• As a junior (2013), appeared in all 12 games and made five starts for Virginia. Scored three touchdowns, tied for second on the team in receptions with 38, second on the team with 881 all-purpose yards and ranked third on the team with 340 receiving yards.
• As a sophomore (2012), played in 12 games and started 11. Notched a team-leading 568 receiving yards on five touchdown catches.
• As a freshman (2011), appeared in all 13 games and made one start as a true freshman. Totaled 20 receptions for 238 yards, led the team in kickoff return yards with 599 and ranked third on the team with 873 all-purpose yards.
• Majored in sociology at Virginia.
• Attended The Gilman (Md.) School where he played wide receiver, running back, quarterback and defensive back.
• Finished his high school career as Gilman’s all-time leading rusher with 4,338 career yards and 53 touchdowns on 493 carries. As a junior, set single-season school records by rushing for 2,028 yards and 25 touchdowns.
• Named the Baltimore Sun’s Male Athlete of the Year in 2011.
• Also played basketball and ran track in high school.
• Majored in sociology.
• Lists ‘Little Giants’ and ‘Rush Hour’ as his favorite movies and ‘The Wire’ as his favorite television show.
• Son of Lawrence and Dana Jennings.
• Has two brothers, Dimitrius Jones Jr. and Deon Jennings.
• Follow Jennings on Twitter and Instagram at @DariusJennings_.
• Born Darius Lamar Jennings on June 28, 1992 in Baltimore, Md.
Good to Go? Titans GM, HC Happy with Top Receivers
|3||@Jaguars||L 7 - 20||0||0||0|
|2||Colts||L 17 - 19||1||11||11||11||0|
|1||@Browns||W 43 - 13|
WR TE Career