PRO: The Titans signed defensive end Eric Cotton during training camp of the 2019 season to provide depth to the defensive line. The 6-foot-2-inch, 262-pounder originally signed with the Green Bay Packers as a rookie free agent following the 2018 NFL Draft, but was waived prior to training camp. Cotton was signed to the Packers practice squad in December 2018 where he remained until July 2019. The Nampa, Idaho, native played four seasons at Stanford (2014-17), and began his career at tight end before transitioning to defensive end.
• Cotton’s father, Eric, played basketball at College of the Sequoias.
• Cotton’s sister, Shaniece, played basketball at Walla Walla Community College.
• The Nampa, Idaho, native originally signed with the Green Bay Packers as a rookie free agent on Dec. 18, 2019.
• Waived by the Packers on July 26, 2019.
• Signed by the Titans on Aug. 10, 2019.
• During a four-year career at Stanford (2014-17), Cotton appeared in 37 games and posted 36 tackles, five tackles for loss and 3.5 sacks. He transitioned to defensive end after playing tight end in 2014, where he totaled seven receptions for 128 yards and one touchdown.
• As a senior (2017), saw action in 12 contests and tallied 30 tackles, four tackles for loss and 2.5 sacks.
• At San Diego State (9/16), recorded nine tackles and 1.5 sacks.
• As a junior (2016), played in 11 games and notched four tackles, one tackle for loss and one sack.
• As a sophomore (2015), appeared in one contest and posted one tackle.
• As a redshirt freshman (2014), saw action in 13 games at tight end and caught seven passes for 128 yards and a score. Added one tackle.
• As a freshman (2013), did not see game action.
• Majored in civil engineering at Stanford.
• Attended Columbia (Idaho) High School where he was a four-star recruit and ranked as Idaho’s top prospect (247Sports), second-best prospect (Scout), and third-best prospect (ESPN).
• Ranked the nation’s eighth-best tight end (247Sports), 29th-best tight end (Scout), and 19th-best Y-tight end (ESPN).
• Earned second-team all-state and first team all-Southern Idaho Conference recognition as a junior.
• Also lettered in basketball and track.
• Son of Eric and Julie Cotton.
• Has two sisters, Lanae and Shaniece.
• Follow Cotton on Twitter @forlifeeric.
• Born Eric Louis Cotton Jr. on Feb. 28, 1995 in Nampa, Idaho.