PRO: The Titans added outside linebacker Gimel President during the 2018 offseason to add competition to the linebacker corps. The 6-foot-4-inch, 275-pounder entered the league as a undrafted free agent with the Houston Texans in 2017 and appeared in four games during his rookie campaign. He was claimed off waivers by the Titans in May 2018 and has familiarity with Titans head coach Mike Vrabel’s system having worked with him in Houston.
• When President transferred from Auburn prior to his senior season he did so by writing a heartfelt letter thanking Tigers head coach Gus Malzahn, defensive line coach Rodney Garner and athletics director Jay Jacobs.
• Gimel is one of just two players in NFL history with the last name ‘President’ to appear in a regular season game. Tight end Andre President saw action in a combined three games with the New England Patriots and Chicago Bears in 1995.
• The Mount Pleasant, S.C. native was originally signed by the Houston Texans as a rookie free agent on May 12, 2017.
• Waived by the Texans on Sept. 2, 2017 and signed to the team’s practice squad a day later.
• Signed by the Texans to the active roster from the team’s practice squad on Nov. 29, 2017.
• Waived by the Texans on April 30, 2018.
• Claimed by the Titans off waivers from the Texans on May 1, 2018.
• Played three seasons at Auburn (2013-15) before transferring to Illinois for his final collegiate campaign. Tallied 45 tackles, seven tackles for loss and three sacks during his three seasons at Auburn. Was granted immediate eligibility at Illinois in 2016 after graduating from Auburn.
• As a senior (2016), played in all 12 games with one start on the defensive line in his lone season at Illinois. Tallied 40 tackles and 4.5 sacks while finishing third on the team with 12.5 tackles for loss.
• As a junior (2015), played in 10 games as a reserve defensive end at Auburn and registered 12 tackles, two tackles for loss and two sacks for the Tigers.
• As a sophomore (2014), played in 12 games and made nine starts for the Tigers and notched 30 tackles, a sack and five tackles for loss.
• As a redshirt freshman (2013), played in three games for the SEC Champions and totaled three tackles and a stop for loss.
• Redshirted during the 2012 season.
• Graduated from Auburn with a degree in fitness, conditioning and performance.
• Attended Wando (Mount Pleasant, S.C.) High School.
• Named to the 2012 Parade All-America team and was selected to the ESPN All-South Carolina Team prior to senior season.
• Participated in the 2011 Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas following his senior season.
• As a senior (2011), recorded 77 tackles, including 24 tackles for loss, five sacks, three forced fumbles, three fumble recoveries and 11 pass breakups.
• As a junior (2010), recorded 83 tackles and three tackles for loss.
• Follow President on Instagram at @_gp14.
• Born Gimel DeShaun President on June 24, 1993 in Mount Pleasant, S.C.