PRO: The Titans signed Jarell Carter late in the 2018 offseason to bolster the depth and competition at cornerback. The 5-foot-10-inch, 196-pounder was originally signed by the Arizona Cardinals as an undrafted free agent in July 2017 and spent part of his rookie campaign on the team’s practice squad.
• Carter attended the National Football Foundation High School Showcase and is the first-known participant to ever make an NFL roster. He joined several of his John Foster Dulles High School teammates at the 2013 event in Houston and the experience landed him a scholarship to Trinity International University (Ill.).
• Carter, who notched a 3.2 GPA in business with an emphasis on marketing, hopes to own and operate multiple Chick-fil-A franchises after his football career.
• The Houston, Texas, native was originally signed by the Arizona Cardinals as a free agent on July 31, 2017.
• Waived by the Cardinals on Sept. 2, 2017.
• Signed by the Cardinals to the team’s practice squad on Nov. 13, 2017.
• Signed by the Cardinals to a future’s contract on Jan. 2, 2018.
• Waived by the Cardinals on May 1, 2018.
• Signed by the Titans as a free agent on June 14, 2018.
• As a senior (2016), started all 11 games and finished second on the team with 66 total tackles. Tied for the team lead with a career-best three interceptions and broke up a team-high 12 passes. Notched a half-sack and a fumble recovery.
• As a junior (2015), started 10 games and finished fifth on the team with 50 tackles. One of three Trojans with two interceptions on the year. Blocked a pair of field goal attempts in back-to-back games and recorded his first career forced fumble in the season finale.
• As a sophomore (2014), started all 10 games in his first season on the defensive side of the ball. Finished seventh on the team with 40 total tackles. Tallied his first career interception.
• As a freshman (2013), appeared in five games as a wide receiver and made one reception for eight yards.
• Graduated from Trinity International with a degree in business.
• Attended John Foster Dulles (Sugar Land, Texas) High School and led the team to the second round of the Texas class 5A state playoffs as a senior.
• Follow Carter on Twitter at @JarellCarter.
• Born Jarell Carter on Aug. 7, 1995 in Houston, Texas.