PRO: The Titans signed running back Jeremy McNichols from the Denver Broncos’ practice squad in the beginning of December 2018. The 5-foot-9-inch, 205-pounder is a versatile back that also contributes on special teams units. The Boise State product was originally a 2017 fifth-round selection of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He has also spent time with the Indianapolis Colts in his brief NFL career.
• McNichols was coached by hip-hop artist Snoop Dogg while playing youth football in the Snoop Youth Football League in Los Angeles, Calif. McNichols played both alongside and against numerous NFL players. The SYFL serves children between the ages of five and 13 years old, teaching
them the values of teamwork, good sportsmanship, discipline, and self-respect, while also stressing the importance of academics.
• The Santa Margarita, Calif., native was originally selected by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the fifth round (162nd overall) of the 2017 NFL Draft.
• Waived by the Buccaneers on Sept. 2, 2017.
• Signed by the San Francisco 49ers to the team’s practice squad on Sept. 4, 2017.
• Signed by the 49ers to their active roster from the practice squad on Nov. 29, 2017.
• Waived by the 49ers on Sept. 1, 2018.
• Signed by the Indianapolis Colts to the team’s practice squad on Sept. 4, 2018.
• Released by the Colts from their practice squad Sept. 13, 2018 and signed back to the Colts’ practice squad on Sept. 19, 2018.
• Signed by the Colts to their active roster from the practice squad on Sept. 28, 2018.
• Waived by the Colts on Oct. 2, 2018.
• Signed by the Denver Broncos to the team’s practice squad on Oct. 10, 2018.
• Signed by the Titans to their active roster from the Denver Broncos’ practice squad on Dec. 3, 2018.
• Played in 34 games, while starting the final 25 contests at Boise State (2014-16) and rushed 571 times for 3,205 yards (5.6 avg.) and 44 touchdowns. Caught 103 passes for 1,089 yards and 11 touchdowns. Also returned 28 kickoffs for 554 yards (19.8 avg.).
• Earned second-team All-Mountain West honors in both 2016 and 2015. Declared for the draft following his junior season (2016).
• As a junior (2016), started all 13 games and rushed 314 times for 1,709 yards (5.4 avg.) and 23 touchdowns. Posted 37 receptions for 474 yards (12.8 avg.) and four touchdowns.
• His 1,709 rushing yards and 27 total touchdowns were the third-most in a single season in Boise State history, while his 23 rushing touchdowns were the fourth-most in school history. He ranked second in the NCAA in total touchdowns, while standing third in rushing touchdowns.
• As a sophomore (2015), started 12 games and rushed 240 times for 1,337 yards (5.6 avg.) for 20 touchdowns, while catching 52 passes for 460 yards and six touchdowns.
• His 26 total touchdowns ranked second in the country and he set a Mountain West record for consecutive games with a rushing touchdown (12).
• As a true freshman (2014), played in nine games and rushed 17 times for 159 yards (9.4 avg.) and one touchdown. Snared 15 catches for 155 yards and one touchdown. Returned 19 kickoffs for 393 yards.
• Attended Santa Margarita (Calif.) High School where he registered 173 carries for 877 yards and nine touchdowns. Also hauled in 72 receptions for 934 yards and 10 touchdowns.
• As a senior (2013), had 163 carries for 798 yards and eight touchdowns and 17 receptions for 191 yards and two touchdowns, earning first-team all-league, all-region and all-state honors.
• As a junior (2012), rushed for 37 yards and a touchdown on three carries and caught 25 passes for 329 yards and three touchdowns.
• As a sophomore (2011), caught 30 passes for 414 yards and five touchdowns and rushed three times for 42 yards.
• Follow McNichols on Twitter and Instagram at @JeremyMcNichols.
• Born Jeremy Theron McNichols on Dec. 26, 1995 in Long Beach, Calif.
|17||Colts||L 17 - 33|
|16||Redskins||W 25 - 16|
|15||@Giants||W 17 - 0|
|14||Jaguars||W 30 - 9|
|4||@Colts||W 37 - 34||2||4||2||7||0|
RB FB Career
|2017||San Francisco 49ers||2||0|