PRO: LeShaun Sims was selected by the Titans in the fifth round of the 2016 NFL Draft. The six-foot, 203-pounder saw action in 26 games over his first two seasons and registered 51 tackles, two interceptions, two stops for loss, 11 passes defensed and 13 special teams tackles. Sims’ presence adds more youth and athleticism to an already-competitive defensive back unit. With the reputation as a tough and physical corner and a willing tackler, he possesses the physical tools to match up with NFL receivers after a successful four-year career at Southern Utah.
• In 2017, Sims saw action in 13 games with five starts before being placed on injured reserve with a hamstring injury. His season totals included a career-high 33 tackles, one interception, five passes defensed, and a career-high seven special teams tackles.
• As a rookie in 2016, Sims played in 13 games with two starts at cornerback and registered 18 tackles, an interception, a stop for loss and six passes defensed.
• In 2015, Sims was a first-team All-Big Sky performer at Southern Utah, finishing the campaign with a pair of interceptions and 54 tackles. He helped the Thunderbirds win the conference title.
• He was commonly referred to as “Swis” in college because for his first college game the name on the back of his jersey was upside down. The nickname stuck.
• Prior to Sims, no prior student-athlete from Andre Agassi Prep in Las Vegas, Nev., had ever earned an athletic scholarship. When he was a high school freshman, the Stars played eight-man football in the public charter school’s first year with a football team. They moved to 11-man football during his sophomore year, and by his senior season, the team won a league title.
• Sims is a movie buff who lists “Training Day” among his all-time favorites.
• The Las Vegas, Nev., native was selected by the Titans in the fifth round (157th overall) of the 2016 NFL Draft.
• In four seasons at Southern Utah, he appeared in 47 total games with 46 starts, including starts in every game during his final three seasons. His career totals included 220 tackles, eight interceptions, 27 passes defensed, one forced fumble, five fumble recoveries and four tackles for loss.
• As a senior (2015), started all 12 games for the Thunderbirds and finished the season with two interceptions (one returned for a touchdown), 12 passes defensed, 54 tackles, 2.5 tackles for loss and one forced fumble. Named first-team All-Big Sky Conference at cornerback. Played in the East-West Shrine Game following the season’s conclusion.
• As a junior (2014), appeared in all 12 games and tallied 67 total tackles, two fumble recoveries and nine pass breakups. Named third-team All-Big Sky.
• As a sophomore (2013), started all 13 games at cornerback. Led the team’s corners with 62 tackles and tied for second on the team with three interceptions and four passes defensed. Added two fumble recoveries and 1.5 tackles for loss.
• As a redshirt freshman (2012), played in 10 games with nine starts, missing one contest due to injury. Tallied 37 tackles and tied for the team lead with three interceptions. Added two passes defensed and recovered a fumble.
• As a freshman (2011), redshirted.
• Graduated in April 2016 with a degree in exercise science.
• Single, splits time between Nashville and Las Vegas, Nev.
• Attended Andre Agassi Prep (Las Vegas, Nev.), where he earned second-team all-state honors as a wide receiver and defensive back. As a senior, he tallied 52 tackles and a team-leading six interceptions on defense. On offense, he produced more than 400 receiving yards and five receiving touchdowns while rushing for 170 yards and another score.
• Follow Sims on Twitter at @LeshaunSims.
• List of favorites: (movie) “Training Day”; (musician or band) J. Cole; (food) spaghetti; (guilty pleasure) Oreo McFlurry; and (athlete as a child) Allen Iverson.
• Born LeShaun V. Sims on Sept. 18, 1993 in Las Vegas, Nev.
LeShaun Sims on Fourth Quarter Interception
Tennessee Titans cornerback LeShaun Sims addresses the media following Sunday's 24-13 win over the Colts.
LeShaun Sims' End Zone INT Sinks Texans
Titans CB LeShaun Sims intercepts Texans QB Tom savage in the end zone.
Behind the Flame: CB LeShaun Sims
Get to know Tennessee Titans cornerback LeShaun Sims in this edition of "Behind the Flame."
LeShaun Sims on Making a Good Impression
Tennessee Titans corner back LeShaun Sims addresses reporters following Monday's training camp practice at Saint Thomas Sports Park.
Titans in 2017: Secondary
Amie Wells and "Voice of the Titans" Mike Keith discuss how different the Tennessee Titans secondary will look in 2017.
LeShaun Sims on His End Zone Interception
Titans CB LeShaun Sims addresses reporters following Sunday's victory over the Kansas City Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium.
LeShaun Sims Picks Off Chiefs QB Alex Smith
Rookie CB LeShaun Sims picks off Chiefs QB Alex Smith in the end zone.
Trevor Davis Muffs Punt, Titans Recover
Green Bay Packers WR Trevor Davis muffs catch on punt, Tennessee Titans recover.
Titans pick LeShaun Sims No. 157
The Tennessee Titans pick former Southern Utah cornerback LeShaun Sims with the No. 157 pick in the 2016 NFL Draft.
Observations from Tuesday’s Titans OTA
Titans Mailbag: Jim Wyatt Answers Questions from Fans
Six Things Standing Out Through First Wave of Titans OTAs
Busy Titans CB Adoree’ Jackson Ready for Bigger Things
Draft Analyst Mike Mayock Ponders Titans Scenarios at 25
Titans Owner, GM, HC Talk Marcus Mariota, Team Bonding
Titans GM Jon Robinson Talks Free Agency, New Additions
Members of Titans Secondary Bonding with Offseason Work
Titans Reach Deal with Former Patriots CB Malcolm Butler
Cornerback Tye Smith Has Stepped Up for Titans
Six Things to Watch in Titans-Jaguars Game on Sunday
Glennon's Take: Titans Down to One Last Chance
Six Things to Watch in Titans-Rams Game on Sunday
Three Quick Hits from Friday's Practice
Titans sign CB Hurst, Place Sims on Injured Reserve
Titans-Rams Trade: Assessing the Super-Sized Swap
Three Quick Hits from Thursday's Practice
Coach Mularkey's Thursday Practice Transcript
Three Quick Hits from Wednesday's Practice
Coach Mularkey's Wednesday Practice Transcript
Three Quick Hits from Friday's Practice
Six Hot Topics From Presser with Titans Coach Mike Mularkey
Coach Mularkey's Monday Press Conference Transcript
Six Things that Stood Out for Titans in Win Over Texans
A Wild One: Titans beat Texans, 24-13
|10||Patriots||W 34 - 10||0||1||1||0||0||0|
|9||@Cowboys||W 28 - 14||1||1||0||0||0||0|
|7||@Chargers||L 19 - 20|
|6||Ravens||L 0 - 21|
|5||@Bills||L 12 - 13||0||1||1||0||0||0|
|4||Eagles||W 26 - 23|
|3||@Jaguars||W 9 - 6||1||2||1||0||0||0|
|2||Texans||W 20 - 17|
|1||@Dolphins||L 20 - 27||1||1||0||0||0||0|