PRO: LeShaun Sims was selected by the Titans in the fifth round of the 2016 NFL Draft. The six-foot, 203-pounder saw action in 42 games over his first three seasons and registered 72 tackles, two interceptions, three stops for loss, 11 passes defensed and 19 special teams tackles. Sims’ presence adds more experience and athleticism to an already-competitive defensive back unit. With the reputation as a tough and physical corner and a willing tackler, he possesses the physical tools to match up with NFL receivers after a successful four-year career at Southern Utah.
• In 2018, Sims appeared in all 16 games for the first time in his career and registered two starts at cornerback.
• In 2017, Sims saw action in 13 games with five starts before being placed on injured reserve with a hamstring injury. His season totals included a career-high 33 tackles, one interception, five passes defensed, and a career-high seven special teams tackles.
• As a rookie in 2016, Sims played in 13 games with two starts at cornerback and registered 18 tackles, an interception, a stop for loss and six passes defensed.
• In 2015, Sims was a first-team All-Big Sky performer at Southern Utah, finishing the campaign with a pair of interceptions and 54 tackles. He helped the Thunderbirds win the conference title.
• He was commonly referred to as “Swis” in college because for his first college game the name on the back of his jersey was upside down. The nickname stuck.
• Prior to Sims, no prior student-athlete from Andre Agassi Prep in Las Vegas, Nev., had ever earned an athletic scholarship. When he was a high school freshman, the Stars played eight-man football in the public charter school’s first year with a football team. They moved to 11-man football during his sophomore year, and by his senior season, the team won a league title.
• Sims is a movie buff who lists “Training Day” among his all-time favorites.
• The Las Vegas, Nev., native was selected by the Titans in the fifth round (157th overall) of the 2016 NFL Draft.
• In four seasons at Southern Utah, he appeared in 47 total games with 46 starts, including starts in every game during his final three seasons. His career totals included 220 tackles, eight interceptions, 27 passes defensed, one forced fumble, five fumble recoveries and four tackles for loss.
• As a senior (2015), started all 12 games for the Thunderbirds and finished the season with two interceptions (one returned for a touchdown), 12 passes defensed, 54 tackles, 2.5 tackles for loss and one forced fumble. Named first-team All-Big Sky Conference at cornerback. Played in the East-West Shrine Game following the season’s conclusion.
• As a junior (2014), appeared in all 12 games and tallied 67 total tackles, two fumble recoveries and nine pass breakups. Named third-team All-Big Sky.
• As a sophomore (2013), started all 13 games at cornerback. Led the team’s corners with 62 tackles and tied for second on the team with three interceptions and four passes defensed. Added two fumble recoveries and 1.5 tackles for loss.
• As a redshirt freshman (2012), played in 10 games with nine starts, missing one contest due to injury. Tallied 37 tackles and tied for the team lead with three interceptions. Added two passes defensed and recovered a fumble.
• As a freshman (2011), redshirted.
• Graduated in April 2016 with a degree in exercise science.
• Single, splits time between Nashville and Las Vegas, Nev.
• Attended Andre Agassi Prep (Las Vegas, Nev.), where he earned second-team all-state honors as a wide receiver and defensive back. As a senior, he tallied 52 tackles and a team-leading six interceptions on defense. On offense, he produced more than 400 receiving yards and five receiving touchdowns while rushing for 170 yards and another score.
• Follow Sims on Twitter at @LeshaunSims.
• List of favorites: (movie) “Training Day”; (musician or band) J. Cole; (food) spaghetti; (guilty pleasure) Oreo McFlurry; and (athlete as a child) Allen Iverson.
• Born LeShaun V. Sims on Sept. 18, 1993 in Las Vegas, Nev.
Busy Titans CB Adoree’ Jackson Ready for Bigger Things
Draft Analyst Mike Mayock Ponders Titans Scenarios at 25
Titans Owner, GM, HC Talk Marcus Mariota, Team Bonding
Members of Titans Secondary Bonding with Offseason Work
Cornerback Tye Smith Has Stepped Up for Titans
Titans-Rams Trade: Assessing the Super-Sized Swap
|6||@Broncos||L 0 - 16|
|5||Bills||L 7 - 14|
|4||@Falcons||W 24 - 10||1||1||0||0||0||0|
|3||@Jaguars||L 7 - 20|
|2||Colts||L 17 - 19||1||0||1||0||0||0|
|1||@Browns||W 43 - 13|