PRO: The Titans signed MyCole Pruitt from the Houston Texans’ practice squad following Week 1 of the 2018 season to add competition and depth to the tight end position. The 6-foot-2-inch, 245-pounder has appeared in 21 games with three starts in his his first three NFL seasons. The Southern Illinois product was originally selected by the Minnesota Vikings in the fifth round of the 2015 NFL Draft and has also spent time with the Chicago Bears, Buffalo Bills and Houston Texans.
• As a rookie in 2015, Pruitt saw action in all 16 games and grabbed 10 receptions for 189 yards.
• The South Bend, Ind., native was originally selected by the Minnesota Vikings in the fifth round (143rd overall) of the 2015 NFL Draft.
• Waived by the Vikings on Nov. 8, 2016 and signed to the team’s practice squad two days later.
• Signed by the Chicago Bears to their active roster from the Vikings’ practice squad on Dec. 13, 2016.
• Waived by the Bears on Sept. 2, 2017.
• Signed by the Buffalo Bills to their practice squad on Sept. 4, 2017.
• Waived from the Bills practice squad on Sept. 14, 2017.
• Signed by the Houston Texans to their practice squad on Sept. 16, 2017.
• Signed by the Texans to their active roster from the practice squad on Dec. 5, 2017.
• Waived by the Texans on Sept. 2, 2018 and signed to the team’s practice squad two days later.
• Signed by the Titans to their active roster from the Texans’ practice squad on Sept. 10, 2018.
• Played four seasons (2011-14) at Southern Illinois and finished his career as the Missouri Valley Football Conferences’ all-time leader in career receptions (211), receiving yards (2,601) and receiving touchdowns (25) among tight ends. Named the best tight end in the history of the Missouri Valley Football Conference as part of the conference’s 30-year anniversary.
• Named a consensus First-Team All-American following the 2013 and 2014 seasons. Was twice named the CFPA’s FCS Tight End of the Year (2013, 2014).
• Holds the Southern Illinois career record with 221 receptions and the Southern Illinois single-season record with 81 receptions.
• As a senior (2014), named first-team All-American by the Associated Press, AFCA, ADA, The Sports Network and Walter Camp Foundation and was a first-team All-MVFC selection. Posted a school record 81 receptions and led MVFC with 81 receptions. Had 13 touchdown receptions, including at least one in every MVFC game.
• As a junior (2013), started 10 games, but missed the final two games of the season after playing the second half against Missouri State with a broken leg. Led the MVFC and was third in the nation with 48 receptions by a tight end. Led the MVFC and was second in the nation with 601 receiving yards by a tight end. Finished third in the MVFC with 4.8 receptions per game.
• As a sophomore (2012), started all 11 games at tight end and led the team with 49 receptions, 577 receiving yards and four touchdown receptions.
• As a redshirt freshman (2011), started eight games, including the final seven games of the season and led the team in receptions, receiving yards and receiving touchdowns.
• Graduated in December 2014 from Southern Illinois with a bachelor’s degree in industrial technology.
• Attended Kirkwood (Mo.) High School and named all-conference three times as a defensive end and as a tight end as a senior.
• As a senior, caught 30 passes for 397 yards and six touchdowns and posted 50 tackles, 14 tackles for a loss and six sacks.
• His team advanced to the second round of the playoffs in his junior season, and went 10-1 and made the state playoffs during his sophomore year.
• Played volleyball, track and field and basketball in high school, leading his basketball team to a 2008-09 district title.
• Follow Pruitt on Twitter and on Instagram at @flyycole_x4.
• Born MyCole Pruitt on March 24, 1992 in South Bend, Ind.
|2||@Titans||L 17 - 20|
WR TE Career