PRO: The Titans signed Sharif Finch as a rookie free agent following the 2018 NFL Draft. The 6-foot-4-inch, 250-pounder is an athletic outside linebacker who features a multitude of pass rush moves, while possessing the strength and leverage to set the edge in the run game. In five seasons at Temple, Finch amassed 144 total tackles, 32.0 tackles for loss, 14.5 sacks, five forced fumbles and four fumble recoveries. He also excelled on special teams with the Owls by setting the NCAA career record with five career blocked punts.
• In 2018, Finch made the Titans’ active roster out of training camp as a rookie free agent and saw action in 15 games while amassing 22 tackles, 1.5 sacks, two quarterback pressures, two stops for loss, two forced fumbles, a fumble recovery and seven special teams stops.
• Finch’s father, Gregory, passed away as a result of a heart attack on July 30, 2018, while Finch was participating in his rookie training camp. It came three years after his mother, Wendy, died as a result of breast cancer. Finch wears a set of dog tags with their names and photo and an inscription that reads “everything is for you.”
• Finch has 20 siblings and he is the youngest of the group.
• Finch enjoys playing the piano in his free time.
• As a senior at Temple, Finch was issued a single-digit jersey number, which are awarded to the team’s toughest players.
• The Henrico, Va., native was signed by the Titans as an undrafted free agent on May 11, 2018.
• Appeared in 53 games with 25 starts over five seasons at Temple and ranks as the NCAA career leader with five punt blocks. Posted 144 total tackles, 32.0 tackles for loss, 14.5 sacks, two interceptions for 91 yards and a score, five forced fumbles and four fumble recoveries with one touchdown.
• As a fifth-year senior (2017), played in 13 contests with 12 starts and tallied 55 tackles, 15.5 tackles for loss, 8.5 sacks, one pass defensed, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery. His team-leading 8.5 sacks were a single-season career high. Recorded two sacks in three different contests, against Massachusetts (9/15), against Navy (11/2) and against Central Florida (11/18). Played in his 53rd career game in 2017 and tied for first place in career games played in program history. Earned Second Team All-American Athletic Conference and ECAC First Team All-East recognition.
• As a senior (2016), was limited to four games due to a knee injury and was granted a medical redshirt. Notched 11 tackles, two tackles for loss, a sack and two forced fumbles. Blocked his fifth career punt against Army (9/2).
• As a junior (2015), saw action in 13 games and made one start in the defensive end rotation. Totaled 13 tackles, three tackles for loss, a sack, one interception and blocked three punts. Blocked two punts at East Carolina (10/7).
• As a sophomore (2014), appeared in 12 contests with 10 starts for the Owls and posted 35 tackles, 7.5 tackles for loss, two sacks, two forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries. Forced a fumble on his opponent’s first offensive play and recovered the ball in the end zone for a touchdown against Navy (9/6). Also returned one 65-yard interception for a score against Delaware State (9/20). Earned Midseason All-AAC First Team recognition by Phil Steele Publications.
• As a freshman (2013), saw action in 11 games with two starts and recorded 30 tackles, four tackles for loss and two sacks.
• Graduated from Temple in 2016 with a degree in communications.
• Attended Henrico (Va.) High School where he posted 123 tackles and seven sacks as a senior.
• Son of Wendy and Gregory Finch.
• Follow Finch on Twitter at @S_Finch6.
• Follow Finch on Instagram at @Sfinch6.
• Born Sharif Jarel Gregory Wayne Finch on Oct. 1, 1995 in Henrico, Va.
|6||@Broncos||L 0 - 16|
|5||Bills||L 7 - 14|
|4||@Falcons||W 24 - 10|
|3||@Jaguars||L 7 - 20||2||2||0||0||0||0|
|2||Colts||L 17 - 19||1||0||1||0||0||0|
|1||@Browns||W 43 - 13||5||3||2||1||0||0|