PRO: The Titans selected Tajaé Sharpe in the fifth round (140th overall) of the 2016 NFL Draft. The 6-foot-2-inch, 194-pounder is known for his precise route-running and he shows excellent body control and concentration when the ball is in the air. Sharpe led the nation with 111 receptions as a senior and finished his career as the University of Massachusetts all-time leader in receptions, receiving yards and catches in a single game. As a rookie in 2016, he totaled 41 receptions for 522 yards and a pair of touchdowns.
• He appeared in all 16 games with 10 starts as a rookie in 2016, and became one of four rookies in the “Titans era” (1999-present) to tally at least 500 receiving yards. Finished the season ranked fourth on the team with 41 receptions and third on the team with 522 receiving yards.
• In 2015, Sharpe enjoyed a stellar senior campaign by by being named a Walter Camp All-American and first-team All-Mid-American Conference selection. Sharpe led the nation with 111 receptions and led the Minutemen with 1,319 receiving yards and five touchdowns. He topped 100 receiving yards in six games and recorded at least 11 receptions in six games.
• Sharpe caught at least one pass in all 47 career games in which he appeared at Massachusetts.
• In 2014, Sharpe was selected All-MAC first team after leading all Minutemen with 85 receptions, 1,281 receiving yards and seven touchdown receptions.
• Sharpe’s grandmother, Cozy Little, is a breast cancer survivor who was initially diagnosed in 2001. She was honored as the 12th Titan prior to a 2016 home game against the Cleveland Browns in conjunction with the team’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month efforts.
• Sharpe was so excited to get into football mode that he brought his own football to the first day of the Titans rookie minicamp. He says he usually goes to sleep with it and carries one around as much as he can, just because.
• Sharpe’s family members nicknamed him “Show,” which is short for “Showtime.”
• The Piscataway, N.J., native was selected by the Titans in the fifth round (140th overall) the 2016 NFL Draft.
• In four seasons at Massachusetts (2012-15), Sharpe appeared in 47 games with 43 starts and finished his career as the school’s all-time leader with 277 receptions and 3,486 receiving yards. The two-time All-MAC first team performer ended his collegiate career ranked third in Minuteman history with 16 touchdowns and sixth with 3,497 all-purpose yards.
• As a senior (2015), was a 2015 Walter Camp All-American and first-team All-Mid-American Conference honoree. Started all 12 games and for the second consecutive season led the team in receptions (111), receiving yards (1,319), touchdown catches (five) and yards per game (109.9). Caught at least one pass in all 47 career games in which he appeared.
• Against Florida International (10/3), set a school record and career-best with 15 receptions for 159 receiving yards with a score.
• As a junior (2014), named All-MAC first team wide receiver after starting all 12 games and leading all Minutemen with 1,281 receiving yards, 85 catches, seven touchdown receptions and 106.8 yards receiving per game. Was on the midseason Biletnikoff Award watch list and named a Phil Steele first team All-MAC wide receiver. Ranked ninth nationally among NCAA Division I FBS competitors in receiving yards per game (106.8) 10th for total receiving yards (1,281) and 11th in receptions per game (7.1). Finished first in the Mid-American Conference in receptions per game and second for receiving yards and receiving yards per game.
• Against Ball State (11/12), set a personal best with 239 receiving yards and tied the single game program record for the third time with 13 receptions. The 239 receiving yards he put up against Ball State were the most by a MAC player in 2014 and third-highest total in NCAA Division I.
• As a sophomore (2013), started 11 of 12 games at wide receiver and led the team with 61 receptions, 680 receiving yards (680) and four touchdowns. Finished second on the team with 680 all-purpose yards. Finished ninth in the MAC and 64th nationally with his 5.1 receptions per game.
• As a freshman (2012), played in 11 games with eight starts at wide receiver. Caught 20 passes for 206 yards and made four grabs for 20 or more yards. Had at least one catch in each contest.
• Majored in communications at Massachusetts.
• Attended Piscataway Township (N.J.) High School and was MSG Athlete of the Year. Was selected second team all-state selection and first team all-county and all-area teams.
• Served as team captain as a senior while playing wide receiver and safety. Led Piscataway High School to a pair of state championship titles in 2010 and 2011.
• Also played basketball in high school.
• List of favorites: (TV show) “Martin”; (movie) “Friday”; (musician) Meek Mill; (athlete as a child) Allen Iverson and LeBron James; (food) seafood; and (guilty pleasure) M&Ms.
• Follow Sharpe on Twitter and Instagram at @Show19ine.
• Follow Sharpe on Snapchat at @godsgift23.
• Born Tajaé Lamar Sharpe on Dec. 23, 1994 in Newark, N.J.
1-on-1 with Titans WR Tajae' Sharpe
"Voice of the Titans" Mike Keith goes 1-on-1 with wide receiver Tajae' Sharpe.
Marcus Mariota Finds Tajae' Sharpe for 28 Yards
Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota finds his wide receiver Tajae Sharpe on the move for 28 yards.
Marcus Mariota Lobs Pass to Tajae' Sharpe for First Down
Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota lobs a pass to his wide receiver Tajae Sharpe for 20 yards.
Tajae Sharpe Reels in TD Pass from Blaine Gabbert
Titans quarterback Blaine Gabbert finds wide receiver Tajae Sharpe in the end zone for a touchdown pass.
Titans Score TD, Fall Short on Two-Point Conversion
Tennessee Titans score touchdown, but fall short on two-point conversion in final seconds.
Tajae Sharpe Leaps for Third-Down Catch in Traffic
Titans wide receiver Tajae Sharpe leaps for third-down catch in traffic.
Marcus Mariota Finds Tajae' Sharpe for 11-yard Touchdown
Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota throws an 11-yard touchdown pass to Titans wide receiver Tajae' Sharpe late in the fourth quarter against the Philadelphia Eagles.
Tajae Sharpe Catches Line-Drive Pass for 20-yard Gain
Titans WR Tajae Sharpe catches a line drive pass, good for a 20-yard gain, from QB Blaine Gabbert.
Tajae' Sharpe Reacts as the Titans Unveil The New Uniforms
Tennessee Titans wide receiver Tajae' Sharpe reacts to the team's new uniforms during Wednesday night's unveiling.
Tajae Sharpe on Returning to Football Shape
Tennessee Titans wide receiver Tajae Sharpe addresses reporters following Wednesday's practice at Saint Thomas Sports Park.
Tajae Sharpe on Getting His Legs Underneath Him
Tennessee Titans wide receiver Tajae Sharpe addresses reporters following Monday's training camp practice at Saint Thomas Sports Park.
Titans in 2017: Wide Receivers
Amie Wells and senior writer Jim Wyatt talk about the wide receivers for the Tennessee Titans in 2017.
Tajae Sharpe makes leaping catch under pressure
Titans WR Tajae Sharpe leaping catch under pressure.
Marcus Mariota finds Tajae Sharpe for a 34-yard TD
Titans QB Marcus Mariota finds WR Tajae Sharpe for a 34-yard TD.
Marcus Mariota finds Tajae Sharpe for 21 yards
Titans QB Marcus Mariota finds WR Tajae Sharpe for 21 yards.
In His Words: Tajae's First NFL Career Touchdown
Tennessee Titans wide receiver Tajae Sharpe takes us through his first NFL career touchdown catch against the Green Bay Packers at Nissan Stadium.
Tajae Sharpe Goes Long for 33-yard TD
Titans WR Tajae Sharpe goes long for a 33-yard touchdown.
Tajae Sharpe pPulls in 21-yard Reception
Titans WR Tajae Sharpe pulls in a 21-yard reception.
Tajae Sharpe pulls in 29-yard Reception
Titans WR Tajae Sharpe pulls in 29-yard reception.
Marcus Mariota hits Tajae Sharpe in hurry up offense for 21 yards
Titans QB Marcus Mariota hits WR Tajae Sharpe for 21 yards
Tajae's Granny: A Story of Survival
Meet Tennessee Titans wide receiver Tajae Sharpe's grandma, Cozy Little, who is a breast cancer survivor.
Top Rookie WRs to Watch
Former NFL Scouts Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks take a look at which rookie wide receivers had impressive games in Week 1, and which of that group can maintain that momentum throughout the rest of the 2016 season.
Tajae Sharpe on Improving Titans Offense
Tennessee Titans wide receiver Tajae Sharpe addresses reporters following Sunday's game against the Minnesota Vikings at Nissan Stadium.
Tajae Sharpe on Mularkey's Confidence in Him
Tennessee Titans wide receiver Tajae Sharpe addresses reporters following Thursday's practice at Saint Thomas Sports Park.
Tajae Sharpe on Being a Week One Starter
Tennessee Titans wide receiver Tajae Sharpe addresses reporters on Monday at Saint Thomas Sports Park.
It's a Strike: How the Titans Executed Sunday's Bowling Celebration to Perfection
Remember Me? Titans Receiver Tajae Sharpe Ready to Return After a Year Away
WR Tajae Sharpe Ready to Contribute Again for Titans
Titans QB Marcus Mariota, WR Tajae Sharpe Training in L.A.
Six Things to Watch in Sunday's Game vs. Bears
Titans Remove WR Tajae Sharpe from PUP List
Titans WR Tajae Sharpe Champing at the Bit to Return
Titans RB DeMarco Murray, WR Tajae Sharpe Sidelined
Tajae Sharpe to Pay Tribute to Wildfire Victims with Cleats
Mariota Candidate for FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week
Six Hot Topics from Mike Mularkey's Press Conference
Titans Turn in Dominating Performance in Win Over Packers
Titans QB Marcus Mariota Stays Hot in Win Over Packers
Postgame Notes: Titans vs. Packers
Titans vs. Packers: Six Things to Watch
Six Hot Topics from Mike Mularkey's Press Conference
Coach Mularkey's Monday Press Conference Transcript
Titans Hurt Themselves with Turnovers in Loss to Chargers
Game Notes: Titans vs. Chargers
Titans Promote WR Tre McBride to 53-man Roster
Titans Wish Receiver Andre Johnson Well in Retirement
Andre Johnson Retiring from the NFL
Titans Familiar with Jaguars Rookie CB Jalen Ramsey
Three Quick Hits from Tuesday's Practice
Coach Mularkey's Tuesday Practice Transcript
|17||Colts||L 17 - 33||0||0||0|
|16||Redskins||W 25 - 16|
|15||@Giants||W 17 - 0||1||6||6||6||0|
|14||Jaguars||W 30 - 9||0||0||0|
|13||Jets||W 26 - 22||3||51||17||28||0|
|12||@Texans||L 17 - 34|
|11||@Colts||L 10 - 38||5||37||7.4||19||1|
|10||Patriots||W 34 - 10||0||0||0|
|9||@Cowboys||W 28 - 14||1||0||0||0||0|
|7||@Chargers||L 19 - 20||7||101||14.4||19||0|
|6||Ravens||L 0 - 21||2||33||16.5||17||0|
|5||@Bills||L 12 - 13||3||30||10||13||0|
|4||Eagles||W 26 - 23||2||27||13.5||16||1|
|3||@Jaguars||W 9 - 6||0||0||0||1||16||16||16||0|
|2||Texans||W 20 - 17||1||14||14||14||0|
|1||@Dolphins||L 20 - 27||1||17||17||17||0|
WR TE Career