PRO: The Titans added free agent wide receiver Tanner McEvoy to the roster during the 2019 training camp. The 6-foot-6-inch, 230 pounder brings depth to the receiving corps and adds the ability to play special teams as well. After completing his three-year career at Wisconsin in which he played safety, quarterback and wide receiver, McEvoy originally signed with the Seattle Seahawks as an undrafted free agent where he appearned in 29 games and totaled 14 catches for 253 yards and two touchdowns. The Hillsdale, N.J. native has also spent time with the New Orleans Saints, Miami Dolphins and Buffalo Bills.
• In 2016, McEvoy set career highs in receptions (9), receiving yards (140) and touchdowns (2) while with the Seattle Seahawks.
• McEvoy’s brother, Colin, was a linebacker and defensive back at Rutgers from 2007-10.
• The Hillsdale, NJ. native was signed by the Seattle Seahawks as a rookie free agent on May 6, 2016.
• Waived by the Seahawks on Aug. 26, 2018.
• Signed by the New Orleans Saints as a free agent on Aug. 29, 2018.
• Waived by the Saints on Sept. 1, 2018.
• Claimed by the Miami Dolphins off waviers from the Saints on Sept. 2, 2018
• Waived by the Dolphins on Sept. 25, 2018
• Signed by the Saints to the team’s practice squad on Oct. 2, 2018.
• Waived by the Saints on Oct. 16, 2018.
• Signed to the Buffalo Bills to the team’s practice squad on Dec. 12, 2018
• Signed by the Titans as free agent on July 31, 2019.
• In three seasons at Wisconsin (2013-15), McEvoy played in 38 games with 21 starts at safety, quarterback and wide receiver. He played in 24 games on defense at safety, recording seven interceptions, 11 passes defended and 74 tackles, including three tackles for a loss. On offense, McEvoy finished with 10 receptions for 109 yards. As a quarterback, he completed 65 passes for 709 yards and five touchdowns. He also registed 72 carries for 706 yards and eight rushing touchdowns
• As a senior (2015), Played in 13 games and started 12 at safety, recording six interceptions, six passes defended, 42 tackles, two tackles for a loss and one sack. On the offensive side of the ball, carried the ball 17 times for 132 yards and two touchdowns as a quarterback. As a wide receiver, he caught 10 passes for 109 yards.
• Against Maryland (11/7), had two interceptions, recovered a fumble and recorded four tackles, including one tackle for a loss.
• Against Minnesota (11/28), he intercepted two passes
• Against Nebraska (10/10), had a career high eight tackles and broke up two passes.
•As a junior (2014), played in 14 games, with five starts. He appeared in 13 games at quarterback. Set a single-season school quarterback rushing record with 65 carries for 574 yards. His rushing average of 8.8 yards per carry led all FBS quarterbacks and ranked No. 2 among qualifying players.
• Against Western Illinois (9/6), had a career-high 23 completions on 28 attempts for a career-high 283 yards and three touchdowns, setting a school record for consecutive completions with 17.
• Against Bowling Green (9/20), rushed for a career-high 158 yards and a touchdown while passing 9-for-16 for 112 yards and touchdown.
• As a sophomore (2013), played in 11 games with three starts. Finished the season with 27 tackles, one tackle for loss, one interception and four passes defended.
• Against BYU (11/9), tallied five tackles, including one for a loss, a pass breakup and his first career interception.
• Attended Bergen Catholic (NJ) High School, where he played quarterback and threw for 2,264 yards and 32 touchdowns, while rushing for 1,196 yards and 14 touchdowns as a senior. McEvoy was rated a three-star prospect according to Rivals. In 2010, he was named the New Jersey Offensive Player of the Year. Also lettered in basketball.
• Son of Tina and Steve McEvoy.
• Born Tanner McEvoy on Jan. 26, 1993 in Pomona, N.J.
• Graduated from Wisconsin in December of 2015 with a degree in sociology.
|3||@Dolphins||L 20 - 28|
|2||@Jets||W 20 - 12|
|1||@Dolphins||L 20 - 27|
WR TE Career