PRO: With the 11th overall selection in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Titans selected former Michigan left tackle Taylor Lewan (pronounced leh-WAHN). The 6-foot-7-inch, 309-pound lineman is considered one of the top young tackles in the NFL, evidenced by his Pro Bowl berths following the 2016 and 2017 campaigns. An outgoing personality off the field, he is tenacious and aggressive on it. At Michigan, he was a four-year starter, anchoring the line at left tackle for 48 career starts. Lewan became the first offensive tackle selected by the Titans/Oilers in the first round since tackle Brad Hopkins (13th overall) in 1993.
• In 2017, Lewan was named to his second Pro Bowl after starting every game at left tackle for the second consecutive season. He became the team’s first offensive lineman to make multiple Pro Bowls since center Kevin Mawae from 2008–2009.
• In 2016, Lewan was named to his first career Pro Bowl after starting all 16 games at left tackle and blocking for the NFL’s third-ranked rushing attack which averaged 136.7 rush yards per game.
• Lewan was named the Big Ten Conference Offensive Lineman of the Year in 2012 and 2013.
• At the conclusion of the 2011 season, during which Lewan helped pave the way for a pair of 1,000-yard rushers (Denard Robinson and Fitzgerald Toussaint), the Wolverines scored an overtime victory over Virginia Tech in the Sugar Bowl.
• Lewan was the originator of the 2018 Offseason Titan Games, inspired by the popular video game Fortnite. The entire 90-man roster engaged in a contest in which two-man teams could eliminate other players anywhere other than at Saint Thomas Sports Park using foam swords. The contest lasted several weeks, and eventually fellow offensive lineman John Theus was declared the winner.
• Lewan owns a taxidermied beaver named Steve. The fedora-donning stuffed rodent, who was a gift from Lewan’s wife, Taylin, makes appearances around the Titans locker room, often appearing at the locker of an unsuspecting rookie.
• Lewan chose to wear jersey number 77 at Michigan and then at the pro level because of the legacy of Wolverine tackles who have donned the number, including Jake Long and Jon Jansen.
• His father, Dave, was a defensive lineman at the University of Minnesota.
• Lewan has a mustache tattooed on his right index finger and a stick figure tattooed on the outside edge of his right hand that he calls his “right-hand man.”
• One of Lewan’s close friends is former Carolina Panthers defensive end Craig Roh. The two played together as high school seniors and then went to Michigan at the same time.
• At the 2014 NFL Scouting Combine, Lewan ran the 40-yard dash in 4.87 seconds, beating all other offensive linemen in his class and clocking the fourth-fastest time among offensive linemen from 2010-14. He also ranked among the top offensive linemen at the 2014 combine in the broad jump (first at nine feet, nine inches), vertical jump (tied for third at 30.5 inches) and three-cone drill (fourth at 7.39 seconds).
• A native of Cave Creek, Ariz., Lewan was selected by the Titans in the first round (11th overall) of the 2014 NFL Draft.
• In four seasons at Michigan, Lewan appeared in 50 games with 48 starts at left tackle. He started the final 41 games of his career.
• As a senior (2013), started all 13 games at left tackle for the third consecutive season. Named first-team All-American by Sporting News, second-team All-American by Walter Camp, Associated Press, CBSSports.com and SI.com. Won the Hugh R. Rader Memorial Award for U-M’s top offensive lineman and named Big Ten Rimington-Pace Offensive Lineman of the Year for second consecutive season. Added first-team All-Big Ten (coaches and media), Sporting News All-Big Ten, Athlon Sports All-Big Ten honors.
• As a junior (2012), started all 13 games at left tackle. Named first-team All-American by Walter Camp, Associated Press, ESPN.com and SI.com. Added Big Ten Rimington-Pace Offensive Lineman of the Year, first-team All-Big Ten (coaches and media), second-team CBSSports.com All-American, second-team Phil Steele Postseason All-American, first-team Phil Steele Postseason All-Big Ten, Hugh R. Rader Memorial Award. Against Massachusetts (9/15), scored a touchdown on a fumble recovery to become the first Michigan offensive lineman since 1948 (Bob Erben) to score a touchdown.
• As a sophomore (2011), started all 13 games at left tackle and helped the Wolverines to a Sugar Bowl title. Named second-team All-Big Ten by the league’s coaches and honorable mention from the media.
• As a redshirt freshman (2010), appeared in 11 games and started nine contests at left tackle. Named second-team Freshman All-American by CollegeFootballNews.com.
• Graduated in December 2013 with a degree in general studies.
• Married to Taylin, the couple has a daughter, Wynne.
• Attended Chaparral (Scottsdale, Ariz.) High School for his senior year (2009) after spending three years at Cactus Shadows (Phoenix, Ariz.) High School. Played offensive line for the first time as a senior after previously lining up on the defensive line.
• As a senior, started every game and helped lead his team to the 2008 Class 4A-I State Championship Game.
• Senior honors included SuperPrep All-American; Under Armour All-American game participant; Frank Kush Award as the state of Arizona’s top interior offensive lineman; Arizona Republic and East Valley Tribune first-team All-State; and Desert Sky first-team All-Region.
• Totaled 96 tackles and seven sacks as a defensive lineman, including 46 tackles and two sacks as a junior.
• List of favorites: (movies) “Animal House,” “Wedding Crashers”; (TV show) “Scrubs”; (actor) Vince Vaughn; (music artist) Eric Church; (school subjects) history; (car) Ford; (favorite athlete as a child) John Elway; (video game) Super Smash Bros.; and (food) “Anything chicken.”
• Follow Lewan on Twitter at @TaylorLewan77.
• Follow Lewan on Instagram at @taylorlewan.
• Born Taylor Curtis Lewan on July 22, 1991 in Loomis, Calif.
Taylor Lewan Explains Late-Game Interactions with Jaguars CB Jalen Ramsey
Titans offensive tackle Taylor Lewan discusses his late-game interactions with Jaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey.
Best Sound Bites from Week 4 of 2018 NFL Season
Hear the best quotes from NFL press conferences following Week 4 of the regular season.
Why the Titans Gave Taylor Lewan a Contract Extension | Film Review
NFL Network's Brian Baldinger breaks down why Tennessee Titans offensive tackle deserves his large contract extension.
Taylor Lewan Channels 'Dukes of Hazzard' in Post-Contract Extension Press Conference
Titans offensive tackle Taylor Lewan addresses the media after agreeing to a multi-year contract extension.
Taylor Lewan Signs Contract Extension with Titans
The "Good Morning Football" crew breaks the news of Titans offensive tackle Taylor Lewan signing a five-year, $80 million contract extension with the team.
Titans Owner Shows Taylor Lewan New Uniforms
Titans owner Amy Adams Strunk gives Pro Bowl OT Taylor Lewan a sneak peek at the team's new uniforms.
Titans Kick Off 2018 Offseason with Party for Season Ticket Members
Close to 8,000 season ticket members gather at Gaylord Opryland Resort to meet Tennessee Titans head coach Mike Vrabel.
2018 Pro Bowl: Taylor Lewan Mic'd Up
Go behind the scenes with Taylor Lewan at Thursday's practice for the 2018 Pro Bowl in Orlando.
Taylor Lewan: As a Team We Have a Lot to Improve On
Tennessee Titans left tackle Taylor Lewan talks to reporters following Saturday's game against the New England Patriots.
Taylor Lewan: This is an Extremely Important Game
Tennessee Titans left tackle Taylor Lewan talks to reporters following Tuesday's practice at Saint Thomas Sports Park.
Taylor Lewan on Winning in a Hostile Environment
Tennessee Titans left tackle Taylor Lewan addresses reporters following Saturday's victory over the Kansas City Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium.
Taylor Lewan: Need to Cancel Out Crowd Noise
Tennessee Titans tackle Taylor Lewan addresses reporters following Thursday's practice at Saint Thomas Sports Park.
Taylor Claus Returns for Titans Christmas Party
With Taylor Lewan dressed as Santan and rookies as his helpers, the Tennessee Titans host a Christmas party with children of team staff at Saint Thomas Sports Park.
Taylor Lewan: We Play Well At Home
Tennessee Titans tackle Taylor Lewan addresses reporters on Monday at Saint Thomas Sports Park following the game against the San Francisco 49ers.
Taylor Lewan: There's Always Room for Improvement
Tennessee Titans left tackle Taylor Lewan talks to reporters after Sunday's loss at San Francisco.
Taylor Lewan: It Really Breaks my Heart
Tennessee Titans left tackle Taylor Lewan talks to reporters following Sunday's 12-7 loss to the Arizona Cardinals.
Taylor Lewan on Making Adjustments at Halftime
Tennessee Titans left tackle Taylor Lewan addresses reporters following Sunday's victory over the Indianapolis Colts at Lucas Oil Stadium.
Pinnacle Moment of the Game - Week 10
Check out the top plays from Tennessee's win over Cincinnati and make sure to vote for your Pinnacle Moment of the game on Facebook or Twitter.
Taylor Lewan: A Win is a Win
Tennessee Titans tackle Taylor Lewan addresses reporters following Wednesday's practice.
Taylor Lewan: Focusing on Ourselves
Tennessee Titans tackle Taylor Lewan addresses reporters following Wednesday's practice at Saint Thomas Sports Park.
Taylor Lewan wears through his shoe
Tennessee Titans offensive tackle Taylor Lewan wears through his shoe.
Taylor Lewan on Taking Ownership as an Offensive Line
Tennessee Titans left tackle Taylor Lewan addresses reporters following Sunday's game against the Miami Dolphins at Hard Rock Stadium.
Taylor Lewan: This Offense Lives and Dies Based on this O-Line
Tennessee Titans offensive lineman Taylor Lewan talks to the media after Sunday’s loss at NRG Stadium.
Titans All Access: 1-on-1 with Taylor Lewan
"Voice of the Titans" Mike Keith sits down with Tennessee Titans left tackle Taylor Lewan to talk about his offseason.
Taylor Lewan: Titans Were Able to Finish Drives
Titans OT Taylor Lewan calls into the "Rich Eisen Show" to talk about what the team did to beat the Jaguars in Week 2.
Three Quick Hits from the Titans on Wednesday, Including the Return of Taylor Lewan
Three Quick Hits from Titans on Wednesday, Including the Latest on LT Taylor Lewan
Titans Mailbag: Jim Wyatt Answers Questions from Fans
Observations from Tuesday’s Titans OTA
Observations from Wednesday’s Titans OTA
Titans Mailbag: Jim Wyatt Answers Questions from Fans
Loss of Father Inspired Titans Center Ben Jones to Give Back
Taste of the Titans Event Raises 115k to Help Children in Need
Who Will Titans Pick in 2019? An Early Look at Mock Drafts
Titans Host Soldiers from 101st Airborne Division
Titans' Fuzzy First-Round Forecast a Sign of Progress
Titans Mailbag: Jim Wyatt Answers Questions from Fans
Top Football Topics from Titans Owner, GM, HC and Players
Current, Former Titans Fired Up About New Uniforms
The Story Behind Titans New Uniforms, and Helmet
Titans To Unveil New Uniforms Tonight in Downtown Nashville
Coach Vrabel: Starting Spots Will be Earned on Titans O-line
Titans Owner Amy Adams Strunk Talks New Uniforms
What “Titan Up” Means to Titans Coach Mike Vrabel
Pro Bowl MVP Honor “Special” for Titans TE Delanie Walker
How the Titans Did in Sunday’s Pro Bowl
Titans LT Taylor Lewan Working Under HOF Mike Munchak
Titans LT Taylor Lewan, Daughter Taking Flight at Pro Bowl
Titans Safety Kevin Byard Enjoying First Pro Bowl
Titans Players Discuss New Coach Mike Vrabel at Pro Bowl
Taylor Lewan Jersey Giveaway
Titans offensive tackle Taylor Lewan entertains fans, while giving away several jerseys following Sunday's training camp practice. (Photos: Gary Glenn)
Titans OT Taylor Lewan's Signing Day
Titans OT Taylor Lewan meets with reporters on the day he agreed to a multi-year contract extension with the team. (Photos: Donn Jones, Gary Glenn, AP)
Taylor Lewan's Opening Day of Training Camp
Offensive tackle Taylor Lewan reports for the opening day of the team's 2018 training camp on Thursday at Saint Thomas Sports Park. (Photos: Donn Jones, Gary Glenn, AP)
T Taylor Lewan's 2016 Pro Bowl Season
TitansOnline.com looks back at offensive tackle Taylor Lewan's 2016 Pro Bowl season. (Photos: Donn Jones, AP)
Day 1 of 2016 Titans Caravan: Nashville, Franklin, Jackson, Memphis
LB Avery Williamso and OT Taylor Lewan headline Day 1 of the 2016 Academy Sports + Outdoors Titans Caravan in West Tennessee. (Photos: Susanna Nickell)
Taylor Lewan, Dexter McCluster at New XFINITY Store in Murfreesboro
Running back Dexter McCluster and offensive tackle Taylor Lewan sign autographs for fans at the new XFINITY store in Murfreesboro, Tenn. (Photos: Gary Glenn)
Titans Players, Cheerleaders Take Part in Annual SportsFest
"Voice of the Titans" Mike Keith, QB Zach Mettenberger, OT Taylor Lewan and Titans Cheerleaders take part in 104.5 The Zone's annual SportsFest at Nashville's Music City Center. (Photos: Gary Glenn)
OT Taylor Lewan's Rookie Season
Titans Online looks at the 2014 season of Taylor Lewan, who became the first Titans/Oilers rookie to start at least six games at left tackle since Brad Hopkins in 1993. (AP Photos)
2014 Offensive Line
Titans Online looks at the offensive linemen on the team's roster at the start of the 2014 training camp. (Photos: Donn Jones, AP)
Top Pick Taylor Lewan Arrives at Practice Facility
A day after being drafted by the Titans with the 11th overall pick, OT Taylor Lewan arrives at Saint Thomas Sports Park. (Donn Jones Photography.com)
Titans Draft Michigan OT Taylor Lewan
The Titans selected Michigan tackle Taylor Lewan with the 11th overall pick of the 2014 NFL Draft.
|15||@Giants||W 17 - 0||1||1|
|14||Jaguars||W 30 - 9||1||1|
|13||Jets||W 26 - 22||1||1|
|12||@Texans||L 17 - 34||1||1|
|11||@Colts||L 10 - 38||1||1|
|10||Patriots||W 34 - 10||1||1|
|9||@Cowboys||W 28 - 14||1||1|
|7||@Chargers||L 19 - 20||1||1|
|6||Ravens||L 0 - 21||1||1|
|5||@Bills||L 12 - 13||1||1|
|4||Eagles||W 26 - 23||1||1|
|3||@Jaguars||W 9 - 6||1||1|
|2||Texans||W 20 - 17||0||0|
|1||@Dolphins||L 20 - 27||1||1|