Titans Player Roster | Tennessee Titans - TitansOnline.com
|4||08/29/2019||@Bears||W 19 - 15||0||0|
|3||08/25/2019||Steelers||L 6 - 18||1||0|
|2||08/17/2019||Patriots||L 17 - 22||1||0|
|1||08/08/2019||@Eagles||W 27 - 10||1||0|
|17||12/29/2019||@Texans||W 35 - 14||1||1|
|16||12/22/2019||Saints||L 28 - 38||1||1|
|15||12/15/2019||Texans||L 21 - 24||1||1|
|14||12/08/2019||@Raiders||W 42 - 21||1||1|
|13||12/01/2019||@Colts||W 31 - 17||1||1|
|12||11/24/2019||Jaguars||W 42 - 20||1||1|
|10||11/10/2019||Chiefs||W 35 - 32||1||1|
|9||11/03/2019||@Panthers||L 20 - 30||1||1|
|8||10/27/2019||Buccaneers||W 27 - 23||1||1|
|7||10/20/2019||Chargers||W 23 - 20||1||1|
|6||10/13/2019||@Broncos||L 0 - 16||1||1|
|5||10/06/2019||Bills||L 7 - 14||1||1|
|3||01/19/2020||@Chiefs||L 24 - 35||1||1|
|2||01/11/2020||@Ravens||W 28 - 12||1||1|
|1||01/04/2020||@Patriots||W 20 - 13||1||1|
PRO: With the 11th overall selection in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Titans selected former Michigan left tackle Taylor Lewan (pronounced leh-WAHN). The 6-foot-7-inch, 309-pound lineman is considered one of the top tackles in the NFL, evidenced by his Pro Bowl berths following the 2016, 2017 and 2018 campaigns. Lewan signed a long-term extension with the club during the 2018 training camp and will be anchor for the offensive front for years to come. An outgoing personality off the field, he is tenacious and aggressive on it. At Michigan, he was a four-year starter, anchoring the line at left tackle for 48 career starts. Lewan became the first offensive tackle selected by the Titans/Oilers in the first round since tackle Brad Hopkins (13th overall) in 1993.
• In 2018, Lewan was selected to his third consecutive Pro Bowl after starting 15 games at left tackle.
• In 2017, Lewan was named to his second Pro Bowl after starting every game at left tackle for the second consecutive season. He became the team's first offensive lineman to make multiple Pro Bowls since center Kevin Mawae from 2008–2009.
• In 2016, Lewan was named to his first career Pro Bowl after starting all 16 games at left tackle and blocking for the NFL's third-ranked rushing attack which averaged 136.7 rush yards per game.
• Lewan was named the Big Ten Conference Offensive Lineman of the Year in 2012 and 2013.
• At the conclusion of the 2011 season, during which Lewan helped pave the way for a pair of 1,000-yard rushers (Denard Robinson and Fitzgerald Toussaint), the Wolverines scored an overtime victory over Virginia Tech in the Sugar Bowl.
• Lewan is the co-founder of the popular podcast Bussin' With The Boys with former teammate Will Compton. The two friends host guests on an old Monte Carlo Budweiser bus and discuss any and everything.
• Lewan was the originator of the 2018 Offseason Titan Games, inspired by the popular video game Fortnite. The entire 90-man roster engaged in a contest in which two-man teams could eliminate other players anywhere other than at Saint Thomas Sports Park using foam swords. The contest lasted several weeks, and eventually fellow offensive lineman John Theus was declared the winner.
• Lewan owns a taxidermied beaver named Steve. The fedora-donning stuffed rodent, who was a gift from Lewan's wife, Taylin, makes appearances around the Titans locker room, often appearing at the locker of an unsuspecting rookie.
• Lewan chose to wear jersey number 77 at Michigan and then at the pro level because of the legacy of Wolverine tackles who have donned the number, including Jake Long and Jon Jansen.
• Lewan has a mustache tattooed on his right index finger and a stick figure tattooed on the outside edge of his right hand that he calls his "right-hand man."
• One of Lewan's close friends is former Carolina Panthers defensive end Craig Roh. The two played together as high school seniors and then went to Michigan at the same time.
• At the 2014 NFL Scouting Combine, Lewan ran the 40-yard dash in 4.87 seconds, beating all other offensive linemen in his class and clocking the fourth-fastest time among offensive linemen from 2010-14. He also ranked among the top offensive linemen at the 2014 combine in the broad jump (first at nine feet, nine inches), vertical jump (tied for third at 30.5 inches) and three-cone drill (fourth at 7.39 seconds).
• A native of Cave Creek, Ariz., Lewan was selected by the Titans in the first round (11th overall) of the 2014 NFL Draft.
• In four seasons at Michigan, Lewan appeared in 50 games with 48 starts at left tackle. He started the final 41 games of his career.
• As a senior (2013), started all 13 games at left tackle for the third consecutive season. Named first-team All-American by Sporting News, second-team All-American by Walter Camp, Associated Press, CBSSports.com and SI.com. Won the Hugh R. Rader Memorial Award for U-M's top offensive lineman and named Big Ten Rimington-Pace Offensive Lineman of the Year for second consecutive season. Added first-team All-Big Ten (coaches and media), Sporting News All-Big Ten, Athlon Sports All-Big Ten honors.
• As a junior (2012), started all 13 games at left tackle. Named first-team All-American by Walter Camp, Associated Press, ESPN.com and SI.com. Added Big Ten Rimington-Pace Offensive Lineman of the Year, first-team All-Big Ten (coaches and media), second-team CBSSports.com All-American, second-team Phil Steele Postseason All-American, first-team Phil Steele Postseason All-Big Ten, Hugh R. Rader Memorial Award. Against Massachusetts (9/15), scored a touchdown on a fumble recovery to become the first Michigan offensive lineman since 1948 (Bob Erben) to score a touchdown.
• As a sophomore (2011), started all 13 games at left tackle and helped the Wolverines to a Sugar Bowl title. Named second-team All-Big Ten by the league's coaches and honorable mention from the media.
• As a redshirt freshman (2010), appeared in 11 games and started nine contests at left tackle. Named second-team Freshman All-American by CollegeFootballNews.com.
• Graduated in December 2013 with a degree in general studies.
• Married to Taylin, the couple has a daughter, Wynne.
• Attended Chaparral (Scottsdale, Ariz.) High School for his senior year (2009) after spending three years at Cactus Shadows (Phoenix, Ariz.) High School. Played offensive line for the first time as a senior after previously lining up on the defensive line.
• As a senior, started every game and helped lead his team to the 2008 Class 4A-I State Championship Game.
• Senior honors included SuperPrep All-American; Under Armour All-American game participant; Frank Kush Award as the state of Arizona's top interior offensive lineman; Arizona Republic and East Valley Tribune first-team All-State; and Desert Sky first-team All-Region.
• Totaled 96 tackles and seven sacks as a defensive lineman, including 46 tackles and two sacks as a junior.
• List of favorites: (movies) "Animal House," "Wedding Crashers"; (TV show) "Scrubs"; (actor) Vince Vaughn; (music artist) Eric Church; (school subjects) history; (car) Ford; (favorite athlete as a child) John Elway; (video game) Super Smash Bros.; and (food) "Anything chicken."
• Follow Lewan on Twitter at @TaylorLewan77.
• Follow Lewan on Instagram at @taylorlewan.
• Born Taylor Curtis Lewan on July 22, 1991 in Loomis, Calif.