PRO: The Titans signed Tim Semisch early in the 2017 offseason to add competition and depth to the tight end position. The 6-foot-8-inch, 275-pounder out of Northern Illinois was originally signed as a rookie free agent by the Miami Dolphins in the 2015 offseason and has spent time on the practice squads of the Dolphins and San Diego Chargers.
• In addition to football, Semisch was an accomplished lacrosse and hockey player in his youth. He was a hockey center and goalie and played for Northern Illinois in his fifth year of college.
• Semisch is a registered coach for lacrosse and hockey. During the offseason, he serves as the defensive coordinator for the Metro Outlaws, which is the Nashville Metro Public Schools varsity lacrosse team. He is also a certified crossfit trainer and strength coach.
• His goal after a long NFL playing career is to work at a Division II or NAIA school where he can coach football in the fall and lacrosse in the spring.
• The Omaha, Neb, native was originally signed by the Miami Dolphins as an undrafted free agent on May 5, 2015.
• Released by the Dolphins on Sept. 5, 2015 and added to the team’s practice squad one day later.
• Released by the Dolphins on Nov. 17, 2015.
• Signed by the San Diego Chargers to the team’s practice squad on Dec. 9, 2015.
• Signed by the Chargers to a future contract on Jan. 5, 2016.
• Released by the Chargers on Sept. 3, 2016.
• Signed by the Titans to a future contract on Jan. 3, 2017.
• Released by the Titans on Sept. 2, 2017 and signed to the practice squad Sept. 11, 2017.
• Re-signed by the Titans on Jan. 15, 2018.
• Appeared in 49 games during his four year career (2011-14) at Northern Illinois, recording 10 receptions for 100 yards and three touchdowns.
• As a senior (2014), played in 11 games and saw action primarily on special teams.
• As a junior (2013), appeared in 13 games with one start and made seven catches for 84 yards and a touchdown.
• As a sophomore (2012), played in 13 games with three starts at tight end and totaled two catches for nine yards, including one touchdown.
• As a freshman (2011), started two of 12 games and recorded his first career pass for seven-yard touchdown.
• Redshirted the 2010 season at the University of Nebraska Omaha and transferred to Northern Illinois after UNO dropped its football program.
• Majored in organizational/corporate communication at Nortthern Illinois.
• Attended Millard North (Neb.) High School, where he was a three-time letterwinner in football and four-time letterman in hockey and lacrosse.
• Earned all-state honors for both hockey and lacrosse in each of his last three years.
• Follow Semisch on Twitter at @TDSemisch82.
• Follow Semisch on Instagram at @TDSemisch85.
• Born Timothy Douglas Semisch on Sept. 18, 1991 in Omaha, Neb.