PRO: The Titans signed Anthony Firkser during the 2018 offseason to add competition and depth to the tight end position. The 6-foot-2-inch, 246-pounder out of Harvard was originally signed as a rookie free agent by the New York Jets following the 2017 NFL Draft and has also spent time on the Kansas City Chiefs practice squad.
• Firkser grew up playing basketball and both roller and ice hockey at elite levels and didn’t begin playing football until his sophomore year of high school.
• During the 2018 offseason, Firkser prepared for and took the actuarial credential exams in hopes of potentially pursuing a post-football career as an actuary.
• He volunteers with his former high school football coach to help train and give advice to aspiring young football players in his hometown community of Manalapan, N.J.
• The Manalapan, N.J., native was originally signed by the New York Jets as an undrafted free agent on May 5, 2017.
• Released by the Jets on Sept. 2, 2017.
• Signed by the Kansas City Chiefs to the team’s practice squad on Nov. 29, 2017.
• Signed by the Chiefs to a futures contract on Jan. 8, 2018.
• Released by the Chiefs on April 30, 2018.
• Signed by the Titans on May 14, 2018.
• Appeared in 29 games with 24 starts over four seasons at Harvard (2013-16) and caught 99 passes for 1,559 yards and 14 touchdowns. Ranks 12th all-time in school history in receptions, ninth all-time in receiving yards and sixth all-time in touchdown receptions. Named to the All-Ivy League second team as both a junior and sophomore.
• As a senior (2016), started all 10 games for Harvard and made 45 receptions for 702 yards and seven touchdowns.
• As a junior (2015), started nine games and caught 22 passes for 372 yards and three touchdowns. Named to the All-Ivy League second team for the second consecutive season.
• As a sophomore (2014), appeared in 10 games for Harvard and made 32 catches for 485 yards and four touchdowns. Tied for first on the team in touchdown receptions and ranked second on the squad in both catches and yards. Named to the All-Ivy second team.
• As a freshman (2013), did not see game action.
• Graduated from Harvard in 2017 with a degree in applied mathematics.
• Attended Manalapan (N.J.) High School, where he was named All-Shore Offensive Player of the Year as a senior wide receiver. Also was a two-time All-Shore first team selection.
• Set Manalapan’s records in receptions (110), receiving yards (2,118) and touchdown receptions (19).
• Was also a four-year letterwinner in basketball.
• He enjoys pencil drawings, jigsaw puzzles and playing online collectible card games.
• Brother, Josh, played football at Wagner.
• Son of Alex and Donna Firkser.
• Follow Firkser on Instagram at @asapfirk.
• Born Anthony Paul Firkser on Feb. 19, 1995 in Manalapan, N.J.
Marcus Mariota Hangs in Pocket to Deliver Dime to Diving Athony Firkser
Titans quarterback throws a 10-yard pass to tight end Anthony Firkser.
Marcus Mariota Hits Anthony Firkser in Stride for 25 Yards
Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota hits his tight end Anthony Firkser for 25 yards.
Marcus Mariota Slings Pass to Anthony Firkser for 12-yard TD
Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota slings a pass to his tight end Anthony Firkser for a 12-yard touchdown.
Blaine Gabbert Fires to Anthony Firkser for 3-yard TD
Titans quarterback Blaine Gabbert connects with tight end Anthony Firkser for 3-yard touchdown.
Anthony Firkser Snags 33-yard Pass from Blaine Gabbert
Watch Titans tight end Anthony Firkser leap up to catch a 33-yard pass from Blaine Gabbert.
|14||Jaguars||W 30 - 9||3||27||9||16||0|
|13||Jets||W 26 - 22||3||42||14||25||1|
|12||@Texans||L 17 - 34||4||52||13||20||0|
|11||@Colts||L 10 - 38||3||44||14.7||28||0|
|10||Patriots||W 34 - 10||1||11||11||11||0|
|9||@Cowboys||W 28 - 14|
|7||@Chargers||L 19 - 20|
|6||Ravens||L 0 - 21||2||25||12.5||18||0|
|2||Texans||W 20 - 17|
|1||@Dolphins||L 20 - 27|
WR TE Career