PRO: The Titans signed free agent wide receiver DeAngelo Yancey during training camp in 2019 to add depth and NFL experience to the receiving corps. The 6-foot-1-inch, 220-pounder was originally drafted in the fifth round (175th overall) of the 2017 NFL Draft by the Green Bay Packers and spent the entire season on the team’s practice squad. The Atlanta, Ga. native has also spent time with the New York Jets before arriving in Tennessee. In four seasons at Purdue (2013-16), Yancey caught 141 passes for 2,344 yards and 20 scores.
• Yancey’s father played football at Albany State.
• The Atlanta, Ga., native was drafted in the fifth-round (175th overall) by of the 2017 NFL Draft by the Green Bay Packers.
• Waived by the Packers on Sept. 2, 2017 and signed to the practice squad a day later.
• Waived by the Packers on Sept. 1, 2018.
• Signed by the Packers to the team’s practice squad on Oct. 4, 2018.
• Waived by the Packers on Oct. 16, 2018.
• Signed by the New York Jets to the team’s practice squad on Dec. 17, 2018.
• Waived by the Jets on May 15, 2019.
• Signed by the Titans as a free agent on Aug. 10, 2019.
• Appeared in 47 games with 36 starts over four seasons (2013-16) at Purdue. Finished his career with the seventh-most receiving yards (2,344) and receiving touchdowns (20) in program history, and ranked 16th in receptions (141). Eight of his 20 touchdown catches came on 50-yard or higher receptions, and he averaged 38.3 yards per touchdown catch.
• As a senior (2016), played in all 12 games and posted team-leading and career-highs in receptions (49), receiving yards (951) and receiving touchdowns (10). Became the first Boilermaker with at least 10 touchdown receptions since 2004. Earned second-team All-Big Ten recognition.
• Against Wisconsin (11/19), totaled a career-high 155 yards and two touchdowns on six receptions. His 155 receiving yards were the most by a Boilermaker since 2008.
• As a junior (2015), started all 12 games and tallied 48 receptions for 700 yards and five touchdowns.
• As a sophomore (2014), appeared in all 12 games with seven starts and posted 23 catches for 147 yards and three scores.
• As a freshman (2013), saw action in 11 games with five starts and notched 32 receptions for a team-high 546 yards with two touchdowns.
• Majored in retail management at Purdue.
• Attended Mays (Ga.) High School where he was named 6-AAAAA all-region first-team and second-team all-state.
• Ranked as a three-star recruit by ESPN, Scout and Rivals.
• Lettered four years in football at wide receiver, tight end, safety and punter.
• Follow Yancey Instagram at @yancey1224.
• Born DeAngelo Lamar Yancey on Nov. 18, 1994 in Atlanta, Ga.