PRO: The Titans targeted Delanie Walker early in the 2013 free agency period to bring physicality, versatility and leadership to the offense. He has delivered that and more, becoming one of the NFL’s top play-making tight ends. The tight end brings a unique element to the offense and poses match-up problems for defenses with his ability to line up in the backfield, on the line, in the slot and as a wideout. The 6-foot-2-inch, 248-pounder spent the first seven years of his career with the San Francisco 49ers after being selected in the sixth round of the 2006 NFL Draft. His first five seasons in Tennessee arguably resulted in the best five-year stretch in franchise history by a player at his position. During that time period, his 356 receptions and 4,156 receiving yards (to go with 26 touchdowns) set a franchise high for a tight end in any consecutive five-year period. During that timespan, his reception total led all NFL tight ends and his yardage total ranked third among all NFL tight ends. In 2015, he set the single-season franchise records among tight ends with 94 receptions and 1,088 receiving yards, leading to his first career Pro Bowl invitation.
• During his first five seasons with the Titans (2013-2017), Walker leads all NFL tight ends with 356 receptions and ranks third in the NFL with 4,156 yards.
• In 2017, Walker was named to his third consecutive Pro Bowl after leading the team with 74 receptions and 807 receiving yards. He earned Offensive MVP honors in the Pro Bowl after catching two touchdown passes, including an 18-yard, game-winning score late in the fourth quarter.
• In 2016, Walker was named to his second consecutive Pro Bowl after tying for the team lead with 65 receptions and finishing second on the squad with 800 receiving yards and a career-high seven receiving touchdowns.
• In 2015, Walker was named to his first Pro Bowl. He set new team records among tight ends with 94 receptions and 1,088 receiving yards, and he caught six touchdown passes for the second time in three years (2013). He broke his own receiving yardage record (890 in 2014) and Frank Wycheck’s reception record (70 in 1998 and 2000) for franchise tight ends.
• On the team’s all-time single-season receptions list, regardless of position, Walker tied wide receiver Kendall Wright (94 receptions in 2013) for the fifth-highest total in 2015. Walker’s 94 receptions tied Jason Witten (94 catches in 2009 and 2010) for the 10th–highest total in NFL history by a tight end.
• In 2014, Walker’s team-leading 890 receiving yards set a career high and marked the highest total in franchise history by a tight end, eclipsing Frank Wycheck’s 768 receiving yards in 1998. Walker’s 63 receptions in 2014 also led the team, set a career high, and tied for fourth in team annals.
• In 2013, Walker’s first season in Tennessee, he totaled 60 receptions for 571 yards and six touchdowns, setting career highs in all three categories. Also, he became the only tight end in franchise history other than Titans Ring of Honor member Frank Wycheck (1997–2001) to reach 60 receptions in a single season. Walker’s six touchdown receptions tied for fourth place in franchise history among tight ends and were the most since Wycheck’s six in 1996.
• In 2012, Walker played an integral role in the 49ers’ second consecutive playoff season, as he teamed with Vernon Davis to form one of the NFL’s top tight-end duos. He saw action in all 16 regular-season games with four starts and set a career high with 344 yards and three touchdowns (matched career high) on 21 receptions. His average of 16.4 yards per catch was the highest among all NFL tight ends with 20 or more catches.
• During the 2012 playoffs, Walker appeared in all three games and started in Super Bowl XLVII. In the Super Bowl, he recorded three receptions for 48 yards.
• In 2010, he played in 14 games with eight starts and tallied a then-career-best 29 receptions for 331 yards.
• Walker was named the Tennessee Titans Community Man of the Year in 2013 and 2015, due in large part to his tireless work with Mothers Against Drunk Driving. He teamed with MADD to help raise awareness of the dangers of drinking and driving after losing his aunt and uncle in a horrific accident near New Orleans after Super Bowl XLVII. The morning after San Francisco’s loss to Baltimore at the Superdome, an alleged drunk driver killed Alice and Bryan Young only hours after Walker hugged Alice and Bryan at the team’s postgame party. In addition to his work with MADD, Walker is an ambassador with the Tennessee Governor’s Highway Safety Office’s “Booze It and Lose It” campaign.
• In April 2017, Walker took part in an eight-day overseas trip to the Middle East to visit U.S. servicemen and women as part of a United Service Organization tour. The group was on their USO tour, and visiting an Army base in Kuwait, when Syrian president Bashar al-Assad launched a chemical attack against civilians in his country on April 4. The NFL players traveled to another region in the Middle East the following day, unsure if their scheduled visit with Marines and Air Force airmen would be allowed to proceed. The group was eventually cleared for the visit, but before they could leave one base, military police boarded their bus and forced the players to delete any pictures and videos taken at the base from their cameras and cell phones.
• In 2014, Walker established the Delanie Walker Gives Back Foundation (delaniewalker.org) to provide inner city and low-income children with the educational opportunities and resources to reach their full potential and beat the odds.
• During the 2016 offseason, Walker spearheaded a benefit dinner and auction for his foundation called “Carving It Up with Delanie Walker.” He also launched “Delanie Walker’s Imagination Station” at Fall-Hamilton Elementary School in collaboration with Scholastic Book Fairs to provide a new fully-furnished reading room for students.
• Walker was one of five finalists for the NFL’s 2015 Byron “Whizzer” White Award, which recognizes community service.
• During the 2015 and 2016 offseasons, the Delanie Walker Gives Back Foundation hosted a Celebrity Go-Karting Challenge, raising more than $75,000 to benefit the foundation. Walker launched the non-profit to provide inner-city and low-income children with the educational opportunities and resources to reach their full potential and beat the odds. Proceeds from the go-karting event will help fund community outreach programs such as Back to School COOL, Delanie’s Imagination Stations, and College Bound. Walker’s offseason also includes hosting a youth football camp.
• Over the years, Walker has owned quite a selection of cars, ranging from classics to newer models. His collection has included a 1964 Chevy Impala, 1972 Buick Skylark, 1989 Camaro IROC-Z28 and 2010 F250 truck. Walker’s passion for cars can be traced back to his childhood, where he would spend countless hours refurbishing old autos with the help of his friend’s father, who was a mechanic. “Growing up we didn’t have much money, so we would buy cars from the junkyard and fix them up. We’d spend all day taking off parts and replacing them, just like new. The most important lesson I learned was ‘the way you take it off is the way you put it back on.’” Walker admits that cars these days have become more advanced and that he is only comfortable working on models that are pre-1990. After his playing days are over, he envisions owning a car restoration shop.
• Having grown up in a tough neighborhood, Walker knows first-hand how difficult it is to overcome obstacles in order to achieve one’s goals. During his time in San Francisco, he visited delinquent youths across the Bay Area, making it a point to share his story and give positive reinforcement to those who can relate to him. “It’s very important that people know about what I’ve been through. You can grow up in the worst neighborhood and still make it to the NFL. That’s why I want kids, especially in the Bay Area, to understand that you can overcome those situations, because I did.”
• For a 248-pound tight end, Walker makes a lot of tacklers miss. His speed on the field can be linked to his success on the track as a high school senior. Despite lettering only one year, he won the Division III 100m (10.6) and long jump (21-5) titles, while also serving as a member of the winning 4x100m relay team at the 2002 Miramonte League Meet. Delanie’s younger brother, Anthony, competed in the 400m and 4x400m at the collegiate level, and has his hopes set on making the Olympic team one day.
• On Feb. 14, 2015, Walker was inducted into the Central Missouri Athletic Hall of Fame.
• The Pomona, Calif., native was selected by the 49ers in the sixth round (175th overall) of the 2006 NFL Draft.
• Signed by the Titans as an unrestricted free agent on March 14, 2013.
• Attended Central Missouri State, where he played 20 games and finished his college career tied with Anthony Simpson (1994-95) for eighth on school’s career-record list with 113 receptions.
• Upon leaving UCM, his 1,347 receiving yards ranked 11th in school history, while his 965 yards on kickoff returns ranked seventh and 2,578 all-purpose yards ranked ninth.
• His two kickoff returns for touchdowns in 2004 tied a school season-record first set by Walter Rhome in 1971, and his three kickoff returns for scores tied CMSU’s all-time record also held by Rhome (1969-72).
• Spent his first two seasons (2002-03) at Mt. San Antonio (Calif.) Community College and appeared in 19 games.
• Caught 199 total passes for 2,659 yds. and 23 touchdowns in 39 contests during his collegiate career.
• Majored in video production, with a minor in criminal justice at Central Missouri.
• Has a son, Delanie Jr., and a daughter, Erra Paris.
• Attended Pomona (Calif.) High School, where he was a first-team All-Region selection by The Los Angeles Times, adding all-division and All-San Gabriel Valley honors as a senior.
• Twice chosen Miramonte League Offensive Player of the Year and was selected as the 2001 Pomona Red Devil of the Year.
• Follow Walker on Twitter and Instagram at @delaniewalker82.
• Born Delanie Walker on Aug. 12, 1984 in Pomona, Calif.
Best Play from Every Pro Bowl in the Last 15 Years
Check out the best play from each of the last 15 Pro Bowl games.
Dolphins, Titans Players Wish Delanie Walker Well After Injury
Miami Dolphin and Tennessee Titans players wish Delanie Walker well after injury
Delanie Walker: I Want to Help this Team Win
Tennessee Titans tight end Delanie Walker talks to reporters following Wednesday's OTA practice at Saint Thomas Sports Park.
Delanie Walker on Putting the Offense Together and Making Plays
Tennessee Titans tight end Delanie Walker addresses reporters following Tuesday's OTA's at Saint Thomas Sports Park.
Top 100 Players: Titans TE Delanie Walker | No. 72
Titans tight end Delanie Walker is voted the No. 72 best player in the NFL by his peers on "Top 100 Players of 2018."
Delanie Walker on Being Named Pro Bowl MVP
Tennessee Titans tight end Delanie Walker on being named MVP of the 2018 Pro Bowl in Orlando, Florida.
Delanie Walker Highlights | Pro Bowl
Watch to see Tennessee Titans tight end Delanie Walker's best plays in the Pro Bowl where he won Pro Bowl offensive MVP.
Delanie Walker Joins NFL Total Access After Pro Bowl
Titans tight end and Pro Bowl Offensive MVP Delanie Walker joins NFL Total Access after the game.
Delanie Walker Hauls in 4-yard TD from Alex Smith in Pro Bowl
Kansas City Chiefs QB Alex Smith fires to the back of the end zone and finds Tennessee Titans tight end Delanie Walker for a 4-yard touchdown.
Delanie Walker: We'll Be Back
Tennessee Titans tight end Delanie Walker addresses reporters following Saturday's game against the New England Patriots at Gillette Stadium.
Delanie Walker: Keep Grinding and Trust the Process
Tennessee Titans tight end Delanie Walker addresses reporters following Tuesday's practice at Saint Thomas Sports Park.
Delanie Walker: I Never Doubt Marcus Mariota
Tennessee Titans tight end Delanie Walker addresses reporters following Saturday's playoff victory over the Kansas City Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium.
Marcus Mariota Fits Tight Throw to Delanie Walker
Titans QB Marcus Mariota finds Delanie Walker for a first down.
Delanie Walker Uses Stiff Arm on 22-yard Catch
Titans TE Delanie Walker catches the pass from Marcus Mariota for a gain of 22.
Marcus Mariota Finds Delanie Walker for 14 Yards
Titans QB Marcus Mariota finds TE Delanie Walker wide open over the middle for a 14-yard catch.
Delanie Walker on Being Prepared For Kansas City
Tennessee Titans tight end Delanie Walker addresses reporters following Tuesday's practice at Saint Thomas Sports Park.
Delanie Walker on Marcus Mariota's Play vs. Jags
Tennessee Titans tight end Delanie Walker addresses reporters following Sunday's victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars at Nissan Stadium.
Titans All Access: 1-on-1 with Delanie Walker
"Voice of the Titans" Mike Keith visits with Delanie Walker to discuss his career as a Pro Bowl tight end.
Delanie Walker: Fans Need to Come and Be Loud
Tennessee Titans tight end Delanie Walker addresses reporters following Wednesday's practice at Saint Thomas Sports Park.
Delanie Walker: Defense Did a Great Job of Stopping Them
Tennessee Titans tight end Delanie Walker talks to reporters after Sunday's loss vs Los Angeles Rams.
Delanie Walker on Rams: We Have to Control the Ball
NFL Network's Deion Sanders talks with Titans TE Delanie Walker about Sunday's Week 16 matchup against the Los Angeles Rams.
Delanie Walker: We Didn't Make Enough Plays
Tennessee Titans tight end Delanie Walker talks to reporters after Sunday's loss at San Francisco.
Delanie Walker Redeems Himself 4-yard TD
Titans TE Delanie Walker redeems himself with four-yard touchdown before the half.
Delanie Walker on Working Together as a Team
Tennessee Titans tight end Delanie Walker addresses reporters following Wednesday's practice on the road in Arizona.
Delanie Walker: The Defense Played Lights Out
Tennessee Titans tight end Delanie Walker talks to reporters following Sunday's 12-7 loss to the Arizona Cardinals.
Titans TE Delanie Walker More Motivated Than Ever as He Looks Ahead to 2019 Season
Titans TE Delanie Walker Fired Up about Arthur Smith Getting Offensive Coordinator Job
TE Delanie Walker Misses Football, and Hates Seeing His Titans Teammates Miss Him On Field
Titans TE Delanie Walker Buoyed By Support from Fans, Determined to Return to Form in 2019
Titans TE Delanie Walker Carted Off Field in Sunday’s Loss to Dolphins
Titans TE Delanie Walker Confident He’ll be Ready for Season Opener
Titans “Birthday Boy” Delanie Walker Still Going Strong at Age 34
Keep On Truckin’: Not Even a Hit from an 18-Wheeler Can Slow Down Titans TE Delanie Walker
Titans, TE Delanie Walker Agree to Contract Extension
Training Camp Preview: Breaking Down the Tight End Position for Titans
Titans Mailbag: Jim Wyatt Answers Questions from Fans
Observations from Tuesday’s Titans OTA
Bouncing Back from a Pro Bowl Season
Observations from Wednesday’s Titans OTA
Observations from Titans OTA on Tuesday
Titans OLB Derrick Morgan Spreads Positive Message at Camp
Taste of the Titans Event Raises 115k to Help Children in Need
Fantasy Football Forecast: Where Key Titans Rank
Titans' Casey Ready to Roll Out Rookie Red Carpet
Titans Host Soldiers from 101st Airborne Division
Titans' Fuzzy First-Round Forecast a Sign of Progress
Draft Analyst Mike Mayock Ponders Titans Scenarios at 25
Titans OC Matt LaFleur Talks Mariota, Henry and What’s Ahead
Local Draft Prospects Showcase Skills for Titans
ESPN’s Mel Kiper’s Three-Round Draft for Titans
Titans TE Delanie Walker's 2018 Offseason
TitansOnline.com looks back at TE Delanie Walker's 2018 offseason. (Photos: Donn Jones, Gary Glenn, AP)
Day 4 of 2017 Titans Caravan: Spring Hill, Decatur, Florence
Delanie Walker, Rishard Matthews, Sylvester Croom and Deshea Townsend headline Day 4 of Titans Caravan in Spring Hill, Decatur and Florence. (Photos: Susanna Nickell)
Delanie Walker on USO Tour in Southwest Asia
Titans tight end Delanie Walker joins other NFL players on a USO tour in Southwest Asia. (Photos courtesy of the NFL).
TE Delanie Walker's 2016 Pro Bowl Season
TitansOnline.com looks back at TE Delanie Walker's 2016 Pro Bowl season. (AP Photos)
Delanie Walker's 2nd Annual Celebrity Go-Kart Challenge
Titans tight end Delanie Walker and teammates participate in a go-kart challenge to benefit the Delanie Walker Gives Back Foundation. (Photos: Terry Wyatt)
Titans Players Address Reporters Between Offseason Workouts
Titans players Ben Jones, Kevin Dodd, Delanie Walker and Brice McCain address reporters at Saint Thomas Sports Park. (AP Photos)
Delanie Walker Signs Contract at Saint Thomas Sports Park
Titans Pro Bowl tight end Delanie Walker signs his new contract Monday at Saint Thomas Sports Park. (Photos: Gary Glenn)
Delanie Walker Gives Away 1,700 Books for "Imagination Station"
Titans tight end Delanie Walker gives away free books to students at Fall-Hamilton Elementary School during the unveiling of his âImagination Station.â (Photos: Terry Wyatt)
Delanie Walker Hosts Fund-Raiser for Foundation
Titans tight end Delanie Walker hosts a fundraiser at Texas de Brazil to benefit the Delanie Walker Gives Back Foundation, which serves inner-city kids with educational opportunities to achieve success. (Photos: Terry Wyatt)
Delanie Walker and Jurrell Casey at Pro Bowl
Titans TE Delanie Walker and DL Jurrell Casey compete at the 2016 Pro Bowl. (Photos: AP, NFL, Dwight Spradlin)
Photo Recap: Delanie Walker's 2015 Season
TitansOnline.com looks back at TE Delanie Walker's 2015 season. (AP Photos)
Delanie Walker Hosts Holiday Night Out for Students
Tight end Delanie Walker hosts 20 students from Franktown Open Hearts for dinner out and a Christmas shopping spree. (Donn Jones Photography)
Tight End Delanie Walker in the Community in 2015
Titans Online looks back at the work of tight end Delanie walker in the greater Nashville community in 2015. (Staff Photos)
Delanie Walker's 61-yard TD at New Orleans
Delanie Walker catches a deflected pass and races 61 yards for a touchdown. (AP Photos)
Titans Players Make Special Delivery to Season Ticket Members
Titans players deliver season tickets to select season ticket members throughout greater Nashville. (Staff Photos)
Delanie Walker Hosts Free Youth Football Camp
Delanie Walker hosted a free youth football camp at McGavock High School, drawing more than 170 participants ages 8-14.
Delanie Walker Hosts Celebrity Go-Karting Challenge
Delanie Walker hosts his first Annual Celebrity Go-Karting Challenge to benefit his Gives Back Foundtion, which provides educational resources to inner-city and low income children. (Photos: Terry Wyatt)
Titans Kickoff 2015 Caravan at Draft Party
LB Derrick Morgan and TE Delanie Walker kicked off Day 1 of the 2015 Academy Sports + Outdoors Titans Caravan. (Photos: Susanna Nickell)
Delanie Walker Photo Shoot for "Booze It and Lose It" Campaign
Tight end Delanie Walker takes part in photo shoot with Tennessee Governor's Highway Safety Office to increase awareness for their "Booze It and Lose It" campaign. (Photos: Lynne McCracken)
Delanie Walker Gives Back During Holiday Season
Tight end Delanie Walker hosts single mother families for holiday meal and flag football. (Photos: Joshua Love)
Delanie Walker Hosts Back to School Event
Walker hosted his first event for his new Delanie Walker Gives Back Foundation, handing out school supplies to local youth.
2014 Tight Ends
Titans Online looks at the tight ends on the team's roster at the start of the 2014 training camp. (Photos: Donn Jones, AP)
TE Delanie Walker's 2013 Season
Titans Online looks back at the 2013 season of veteran tight end Delanie Walker. (Photos: Donn Jones, AP)
McCluster, Walker, Griffin Headline Day 2 of Titans Caravan
Michael Griffin, Dexter McCluster and Delanie Walker headline Day 2 of the Academy Sports + Outdoors Titans Caravan. (Photos: Jared Puffer, Bob Hyde)
Titans TE Delanie Walker Participates in YWCA's "A Call to Coaches"
Titans TE Delanie Walker joined athletes, coaches and sports leaders for the YWCA's first "A Call to Coaches" event. (Photos: YWCA of Nashville and Middle Tennessee; Craig Peters, Titans Online)
|1||@Dolphins||L 20 - 27||4||52||13||16||0|
WR TE Career
|2006||San Francisco 49ers||7||1||2||30||15||29||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2007||San Francisco 49ers||16||10||21||174||8.3||26||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2008||San Francisco 49ers||15||2||10||155||15.5||53||1||2||-13||-6.5||-3||0||2||0|
|2009||San Francisco 49ers||16||8||21||233||11.1||39||0||3||34||11.3||16||0||2||2|
|2010||San Francisco 49ers||14||8||29||331||11.4||38||0||3||18||6||10||0||1||1|
|2011||San Francisco 49ers||15||7||19||198||10.4||29||3||3||5||1.7||14||0||0||0|
|2012||San Francisco 49ers||16||4||21||344||16.4||45||3||0||0||0||0||0||1||1|