PRO: Early in the 2018 offseason, the Titans signed unrestricted free agent Dion Lewis. The 5-foot-8-inch, 195-pounder brings versatility and veteran leadership to the Titans’ running back corps. Lewis is strong runner that can excel between the tackles and a skilled pass catcher that flourishes as a receiver out of the backfield. The University of Pittsburgh product is also a talented kick returner with two career touchdown returns in his first six seasons. He enjoyed one of his best campaigns with the New England Patriots last season when he led the team with 896 rushing yards and six touchdowns. A former fifth-round draft choice, Lewis spent his first two seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles before stops with the Cleveland Browns, Indianapolis Colts and Patriots.
• In 2017, Lewis led the Patriots with 896 rushing yards on 180 carries with six touchdowns. In the last eight games of the campaign, he led the NFL with 625 rushing yards. Compared to all running backs with 150 or more rushing attempts, his per-carry average of 4.98 yards led the NFL.
• In 2016, Lewis returned from injury to play in seven regular season games with five starts and total 64 rushing attempts for 283 yards and 17 receptions for 94 yards. He helped the Patriots capture the Super Bowl title by playing in all three playoff games with two starts. He contributed in all three phases - rushing 25 times for 79 yards and a touchdown, catching five passes for 33 yards and a touchdown and returning five kickoffs for 162 yards and a touchdown.
• Lewis credits his parents, Leroy (former construction worker) and Linda (social worker) as the biggest influences on his career. “Growing up, they were hard on me and they made sure I stayed out of trouble,” Lewis said. “That helped me out a lot later on in life.”
• Lewis attended the University of Pittsburgh, but he was offered a scholarship from just two other schools, Miami of Ohio and Tulane.
• The Albany, N.Y., native was originally selected by the Philadelphia Eagles in the fifth round (149th overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft.
• Traded by the Philadelphia Eagles to the Cleveland Browns in exchange for linebacker Emmanuel Acho on April 11, 2013.
• Released by the Browns on Aug. 30, 2014.
• Signed by the Indianapolis Colts as a free agent on Sept. 10, 2014.
• Released by the Colts on Sept. 16, 2014.
• Signed by the New England Patriots as a free agent on Feb. 6, 2015.
• Signed by the Titans as an unrestricted free agent on March 16, 2018.
• Played two seasons at Pittsburgh (2009-10), where he finished fourth on the school’s all-time rushing list with 2,860 yards.
• As a sophomore (2010), led the team with 1,061 rushing yards and 13 touchdowns.
• As a freshman (2009), became the first player since Michael Vick (Virginia Tech, 1999) to earn Big East Offensive Player of the Year and Rookie of the Year honors in the same season after rushing 325 times for 1,799 yards (5.5 avg.) and 18 total touchdowns.
• Earned unanimous first-team All-Big East, Freshman All-American and second-team All-American honors in 2009.
• Broke Tony Dorsett’s freshman rushing record (1,686 yards in 1973) and tied his freshman record with 10 100-yard rushing games.
• Broke Craig Heyward’s record at Pittsburgh for rushes in a single game with 47 against University of Cincinnati in the Big East Championship game, totaling 194 rushing yards, three touchdowns, as well as five catches for 34 yards.
• Majored in communications at Pittsburgh.
• Attended Albany High School and Albany Academy in Albany, N.Y. before transferring to Blair Academy in Blairstown, N.J.
• Was named the New Jersey Prep Offensive Player of the Year in 2008 after rushing 88 times for 1,243 yards and 23 touchdowns as a senior at Blair Academy (N.J.). Added two punt return touchdowns and one receiving touchdown.
• Helped lead Blair Academy to a 17-1 record in his final two seasons, including two Mid-Atlantic Prep League Championships and a New Jersey Prep state title.
• Had 79 carries for 979 yards and 14 touchdowns as a junior in 2007.
• Was also a three-year letterman in track & field at Blair Academy, where he competed in sprints (11.09 seconds in 100m and 23.06 seconds in 200m), long jump (20’2”) and relays (44.29 seconds in 4x100).
• Has two brothers, Lamar and Deavonn, as well as a sister, Shaquana.
• Follow Lewis on Twitter at @DionLewisRB and on Instagram at @d_lew33.
• Born Dion John Lewis on Sept. 27, 1990 in Albany, N.Y.
Dion Lewis Breaks Loose for 14 Yards on Screen Pass
Titans running back Dion Lewis runs for 14 yards on a screen pass from quarterback Marcus Mariota.
Dion Lewis Spins His Way to a First Down
Tennessee Titans running back Dion Lewis spins his way across the 40-yard line for a first down.
Dion Lewis Turns Short Catch into 37-yard Gain
Titans running back Dion Lewis turns short catch into 37-yard gain.
Dion Lewis Shows Burst of Speed on 18-yard TD
Titans running back Dion Lewis shows a burst of speed for an 18-yard touchdown.
PFF 90 Club: Highest-Graded Players | Week 7
See the highest graded players according to Pro Football Focus from Week 7 of the 2018 NFL season.
Dion Lewis Every Touch vs. Chargers | Week 7
Watch every touch by Titans running back Dion Lewis vs. the Los Angeles Chargers in Week 7.
Can't-Miss Play: Dion Lewis Channels Beast Mode on 36-yard Run
Titans running back Dion Lewis refuses to go down on a 36-yard run vs. the Los Angeles Chargers.
Dion Lewis Bounces off Defenders for Dramatic Run
itans running back Dion Lewis takes reception for 20-yard gain vs. Los Angeles Chargers.
Dion Lewis Makes Slick Juke on First-Down Run
Titans running back Dion Lewis makes slick juke on first-down run.
Dion Lewis Goes for 14 yards
Titans running back Dion Lewis goes for 14 yards, and grabs the first down.
Dion Lewis Gives Outlook of Titans London Game
NFL Network's Melissa Stark chats with Tennessee Titans running back Dion Lewis in London to preview their Week 7 matchup against the Los Angeles Chargers.
Nissan's Ride with a Titan: RB Dion Lewis
Titans running back Dion Lewis rides with second-grader Natalie in this week's edition of Nissan's Ride with a Titan.
Dion Lewis Spins Away for 17-yard Gain
Titans running back Dion Lewis spins away from Philadelphia Eagles defense and shows off his balance for 17-yard gain.
Top Runs of Week 1
Week 1 of the NFL season is off to the races. Here is a look at the best runs in the season openers.
Dion Lewis Finds Window for 4-yard TD
Tennessee Titans running back Dion Lewis finds a window in Dolphins defense for a 4-yard touchdown
Dion Lewis Swerves Through Dolphins Defense for 26-yard Gain
Tennessee Titans runningback Dion Lewis swerves through Dolphins defense for a 26-yard gain.
Dion Lewis Jukes Two Defenders on 16-yard Catch and Run
Tennessee Titans running back Dion Lewis outruns the Buccaneers defense for a 16-yard gain.
Dion Lewis Dances to 'Jump On it' Before Game vs. Bucs
Titans running back Dion Lewis gets his groove on at Nissan Stadium before preseason game #2 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Better Fantasy Option: Derrick Henry or Dion Lewis?
NFL Network's Kay Adams talks about which running back is a better fantasy option between Titans running backs Derrick Henry and Dion Lewis.
Tom Pelissero: Titans Believe Lewis, Henry Can 'Play all Three Downs'
NFL Network's Tom Pelissero talks about the Tennesse Titans plans for running backs Derrick Henry and Dion Lewis.
Six Things to Watch for Titans in Sunday's game vs. Texans
New Titans RB Dion Lewis Loves Making Defenders Miss – and the Food in Nashville
Training Camp Preview: Breaking Down the Running Back Position for Titans
These Three Titans Were Gone But Not Forgotten
Observations from Tuesday’s Titans OTA
Live Updates from Titans OTA at Saint Thomas Sports Park
Six Things Standing Out Through First Wave of Titans OTAs
Observations from Wednesday’s Titans OTA
Titans Mailbag: Jim Wyatt Answers Questions from Fans
Observations from Titans OTA on Tuesday
Five Things to Watch as Titans Kick Off OTAs
LaFleur's Role Revitalizing Rams Should Encourage Titans
Five Things that Stood Out from Titans Rookie Camp
Fantasy Football Forecast: Where Key Titans Rank
Titans RBs Derrick Henry, Dion Lewis Becoming Fast Friends
Back in Alabama, Titans RB Derrick Henry a Hit On Caravan
Titans Caravan 2018 Schedule Announced
Titans 2018 Schedule Includes Three Primetime Contests
Best Player Available? Titans GM Jon Robinson Talks NFL Draft
Titans OC Matt LaFleur Talks Mariota, Henry and What’s Ahead
Titans Mailbag: Jim Wyatt Answers Questions from Fans
ESPN’s Mel Kiper Gives Titans “Top 3-4 OLB” in NFL Draft
Titans Owner Talks Mike Vrabel, Free Agency, Expectations
Titans Discuss Plans for RBs Derrick Henry, Dion Lewis
Titans GM Jon Robinson Talks Free Agency, New Additions
|15||@Giants||W 17 - 0||7||35||5||17||0||3||9||3||7||0|
|14||Jaguars||W 30 - 9||10||13||1.3||5||0||5||39||7.8||29||0|
|13||Jets||W 26 - 22||6||36||6||11||0||2||-2||-1||2||0|
|12||@Texans||L 17 - 34||7||8||1.1||7||0||7||33||4.7||11||0|
|11||@Colts||L 10 - 38||10||24||2.4||11||0||1||8||8||8||0|
|10||Patriots||W 34 - 10||20||57||2.9||12||0||2||11||5.5||8||0|
|9||@Cowboys||W 28 - 14||19||62||3.3||13||0||4||60||15||37||1|
|7||@Chargers||L 19 - 20||13||91||7||36||0||6||64||10.7||21||0|
|6||Ravens||L 0 - 21||5||9||1.8||7||0||2||5||2.5||5||0|
|5||@Bills||L 12 - 13||12||34||2.8||15||0||3||14||4.7||10||0||1||1|
|4||Eagles||W 26 - 23||4||0||0||2||0||9||66||7.3||17||0|
|3||@Jaguars||W 9 - 6||9||26||2.9||9||0||3||14||4.7||7||0|
|2||Texans||W 20 - 17||14||42||3||13||0||1||1||1||1||0|
|1||@Dolphins||L 20 - 27||16||75||4.7||26||1||5||35||7||13||0|
RB FB Career
|2015||New England Patriots||7||6||49||234||4.78||2||36||388||10.78||40||2||2||1|
|2016||New England Patriots||7||5||64||283||4.42||0||17||94||5.53||16||0||1||0|
|2017||New England Patriots||16||8||180||896||4.98||6||32||214||6.69||20||3||0||0|