Titans Player Roster | Tennessee Titans - TitansOnline.com
PRO: With the eighth overall selection in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Titans selected former Michigan State tackle Jack Conklin. The 6-foot-6-inch, 308-pounder possesses the versatility and physical prowess to play multiple positions on the offensive line, but during his first three NFL seasons started every game he played at right tackle. He was the first draft pick by general manager Jon Robinson who vowed to acquire "tough, physical, smart and accountable" players. Conklin made an immediate impact in his first season with the Titans by starting all 16 games and being named first-team All-Pro at right tackle. He became the first Michigan State offensive lineman to be selected in the first round since 1989 (Tony Mandarich, No. 2 overall by Green Bay) and also the highest drafted Spartan since wide receiver Charles Rogers (No. 2) in 2003.
• In 2017, Conklin became just the fifth player in the 'Titans Era' (1999-present) to have started all 32 games from the time they were drafted through their second seasons.
• As a rookie in 2016, Conklin was named first-team Associated Press All-Pro at right tackle. He started all 16 games on the right side and was a part of an offensive front that blocked for the NFL's third-ranked rushing attack which averaged 136.7 rush yards per game.
• Became the first franchise rookie to earn first-team All-Pro honors since Jevon Kearse in 1999.
• In his final season at Michigan State, Conklin was named second-team All-American by The Associated Press and was on numerous All-Big Ten teams.
• After not receiving a single Division I scholarship offer, Conklin began his time at Michigan State as a preferred walk-on in 2012. He impressed enough in his redshirt season to earn a scholarship in the spring of 2013.
• At Plainwell (Mich.) High School, Conklin's head coach was his father, Darren Conklin, who once was a walk-on at Michigan under Wolverines head coach Bo Schembechler.
• His mother, Jennifer Jackson, was an All-American swimmer at the University of Michigan.
• Conklin's grandfather, Ron Jackson, was a professional baseball player. He played first base for the Chicago White Sox and Boston Red Sox.
• Conklin is involved with a pediatric cancer organization called DC Strong, founded by his childhood friend Dustin Colyer, who overcame Wilms' tumor kidney cancer.
• Conklin traveled to Australia in 2015 to participate in Michigan State's study abroad International Summer Sports Program.
• Conklin hopes to one day own a farm.
• The Plainwell, Mich., native was selected by the Titans in the first round (eighth overall) of the 2016 NFL Draft.
• The three-year letterwinner was a three-year starter at left tackle for the Spartans. He started 38 of his 39 career games (35 at left tackle, three at right tackle) and recorded more than 235 career knockdowns. Three of his career starts at left tackle came in bowl games (2014 Rose, 2015 Cotton, 2016 College Football Playoff Semifinal at Cotton Bowl).
• As a junior (2015), started 12 games at left tackle. Named All-American by numerous outlets, including Sporting News (first team), USA Today (first team), Associated Press (second team), CBS Sports (second team), Football Writers Association of America (second team), Walter Camp Football Foundation (second team), Phil Steele (third team) and SI.com (honorable mention). Became the first Spartan offensive tackle to be named a first-team All-American since Flozell Adams in 1997. Named first-team All-Big Ten by the coaches and media, as well as Associated Press, Athlon Sports, BTN.com, ESPN.com and Phil Steele. Missed two contests (Purdue and Rutgers) with a leg injury. Had 65.5 knockdowns during the regular season and graded out as a winner in eight of his 10 regular-season games. At Michigan (10/17), returned to action after missing two games and was named the Spartan Offensive Lineman of the Week after recording 7.5 knockdowns. The Spartans won the game on the final play, a mishandled punt attempt by Michigan and subsequent fumble return for a touchdown by Michigan State.
• As a sophomore (2014), started 13 games at left tackle and was named a second-team All-Big Ten selection by coaches and media. Earned first-team All-Big Ten honors by BTN.com and second-team by Athlon Sports and Phil Steele. Led team with 113.5 knockdowns, including nine dominators, and played a team-high 959 snaps. Only allowed 2.5 sacks all season. Recipient of MSU's Outstanding Underclass Lineman Award (offense) for the second year in a row.
• As a redshirt freshman (2013), started 13 games (10 at left tackle; three at right tackle) and saw action in all 14 games in his first season. Started at right tackle the first three games of the season (vs. Western Michigan, South Florida and Youngstown State) and also saw action at left tackle in the first four games. Named first-team Freshman All-American by Sporting News, CollegeFootballNews.com and the Football Writers Association of America and was named to ESPN.com Big Ten All-Freshman Team. Named Academic All-Big Ten. Credited with 55 knockdowns during the regular season.
• As a freshman (2012), redshirted as a preferred walk-on.
• Majored in interdisciplinary studies of the social sciences.
• Married to Caitlyn and the couple has a daughter, Riley.
• Attended Plainwell (Mich.) High School, where he started for three seasons for his father, head coach Darren Conklin.
• Earned all-state honorable mention by The Associated Press and The Detroit News as a senior in 2011. Added first-team All-Wolverine Conference and first-team All-Allegan County honors after starting at right tackle and defensive end. Registered two sacks and a team-high 80 tackles as a senior.
• Started two years as a center for his high school basketball team, averaging a double-double as a senior (17.1 points and 10.4 rebounds per game).
• Also lettered in track (shot put and discus) in high school and was a member of the National Honor Society.
• Follow Conklin on Twitter at @jackconklin74.
• Follow Conklin on Instagram at @jackconklin78.
• List of favorites: (TV show) "House of Cards"; (movie) "Gladiator"; (musician or band) Blink-182, Granger Smith; (athlete as a child) Cory Schlesinger; (childhood sports teams) Detroit Tigers, Detroit Pistons, Detroit Red Wings; (guilty pleasure) boneless chicken wings and ice cream.
• Born Jonathan Jackson Conklin on Aug. 17, 1994 in Plainwell, Mich.
Titans RT Jack Conklin, Humbled by Last Season's Injury, Aims to Come Back "Stronger Than Ever"
Titans tackle Jack Conklin hosted roughly 130 kids during his football camp at D1Sports in Franklin on Sunday. The third-year pro said he's determined to come back stronger than ever after last year's knee injury.
Trader Jon? Titans GM Jon Robinson Talks NFL Draft
During a pre-draft press conference on Monday at Saint Thomas Sports Park, Titans general manager Jon Robinson made it clear he'd like to accumulate additional picks in the NFL Draft. He'll need to orchestrate a trade to make it happen, of course.
|17||@Texans||W 35 - 14||1||1|
|16||Saints||L 28 - 38||1||1|
|15||Texans||L 21 - 24||1||1|
|14||@Raiders||W 42 - 21||1||1|
|13||@Colts||W 31 - 17||1||1|
|12||Jaguars||W 42 - 20||1||1|
|10||Chiefs||W 35 - 32||1||1|
|9||@Panthers||L 20 - 30||1||1|
|8||Buccaneers||W 27 - 23||1||1|
|7||Chargers||W 23 - 20||1||1|
|6||@Broncos||L 0 - 16||1||1|
|5||Bills||L 7 - 14||1||1|
|4||@Falcons||W 24 - 10||1||1|
|3||@Jaguars||L 7 - 20||1||1|
|2||Colts||L 17 - 19||1||1|
|1||@Browns||W 43 - 13||1||1|