PRO: The Titans signed Laurence Gibson during 2018 training camp to bolster the depth and competition on the offensive front. The 6-foot-6-inch, 300-pounder was originally selected by the Dallas Cowboys in the seventh round (243rd overall) of the 2015 NFL Draft. Prior to his arrival in Tennessee, Gibson also spent time with the Kansas City Chiefs, Atlanta Falcons, Chicago Bears, New York Giants, Houston Texans and Cleveland Browns.
• The Sierra Vista, Ariz., native was originally selected by the Dallas Cowboys in the seventh round (243rd overall) of the 2015 NFL Draft.
• Waived by the Cowboys on Sept. 5, 2015.
• Signed by the Kansas City Chiefs to their practice squad on Sept. 8, 2015.
• Signed by the Chiefs to a future’s contract on Jan. 18, 2016.
• Waived by the Chiefs on May 10, 2016.
• Signed by the Atlanta Falcons as a free agent on May 18, 2016.
• Waived by the Falcons on Sept. 2, 2016.
• Signed by the Chicago Bears to their practice squad on Sept. 7, 2016.
• Released from the Bears’ practice squad on Sept. 13, 2016.
• Signed by the New York Giants to their practice squad on Sept. 21, 2016.
• Released from the Giants’ practice squad on Dec. 13, 2016.
• Signed by the Houston Texans to their practice squad on Dec. 14, 2016.
• Signed by the Texans to a future’s contract on Jan. 16, 2017.
• Waived by the Texans on Sept. 2, 2017.
• Signed by the Cleveland Browns to their practice squad on Dec. 13, 2017.
• Released from the Browns’ practice squad on Jan. 8, 2018.
• Signed by the Giants to a future’s contract on Jan. 9, 2018.
• Waived by the Giants on May 11, 2018.
• Played four seasons (2011-14) at Virginia Tech University and appeared in 38 games with 19 starts.
• As a senior (2014), started all 13 games at left tackle for a Hokies offense which averaged 365.3 yards per game contest, including 147.9 rushing yards-per-game, and saw time on special teams.
• As a junior (2013), saw action in 12 games, making six starts at the tackle position and playing special teams.
• As a sophomore (2012), played in 12 games, seeing action mostly on the field goal/PAT protect unit with 22 plays on offense.
• Won the Dr. Richard Bullock Award as the most improved offensive player during spring workouts in 2012.
• As a redshirt freshman (2011), played in one game as a reserve lineman while providing depth at multiple positions as a backup.
• Redshirted his freshman year in 2010.
• Graduated with two degrees, one in sociology and one in psychology from Virginia Tech.
• Attended Buena (Sierra Vista, Ariz.) High School and played two seasons as an offensive lineman and defensive end before enrolling at Hargrave Military Academy where he excelled on the offensive line and exited as the No. 2 prep school prospect in the country, as listed by Rivals.
• Collected over 100 tackles to go with 27.0 sacks and 12 forced fumbles during his two seasons at Buena High School.
• Born Laurence Gibson on March 19, 1991 in Sierra Vista, Ariz.