Titans Player Roster | Tennessee Titans - TitansOnline.com
PRO: The Titans signed Rodger Saffold early in the 2019 free agency period to bring veteran leadership and experience to the interior of the offensive front. The 6-foot-5-inch, 325-pounder was originally selected by the St. Louis Rams in the second round (33rd overall) of the 2010 NFL Draft. The Indiana University product is a versatile player, having started contests at both guard and both tackle spots in his NFL career.
• In 2018, Saffold started all 16 games for the Rams and all three postseason contests on L.A.'s march to Super Bowl LIII. He helped open holes for Todd Gurley II to gain 1,251 rushing yards and 17 touchdowns on the ground.
• In 2017, Saffold started 15 games at left guard and blocked for Todd Gurley's 1,305-yard rushing campaign that included 13 rushing scores.
• In 2010, Saffold was named All-Rookie by Pro Football Weekly and the Pro Football Writers of America after finishing the season as the only NFL rookie to start all of his team's games at left tackle.
• Saffold is the owner of competitive "Call of Duty" and "Fortnite" teams called Rise Nation. He invested in the video game industry in April 2014.
• His father, Rodger II, played football at the University of Iowa in the mid-1970s.
• Rodger and his wife Asia grew up on the same street as eight-year olds in Ohio. The childhood friend's romance didn't begin until quite awhile later when the two re-connected on Facebook during Saffold's second-year with the Rams.
• A native of Bedford, Ohio, Saffold was selected by the St. Louis Rams in the second round (33rd overall) of the 2010 NFL Draft.
• Signed by the Titans as an unrestricted free agent on March 15, 2019.
• Started 41 of 42 games at Indiana. Never left the starting lineup after sliding in at left tackle midway through his true freshman campaign. While in the starting lineup the Hoosiers rushed over 100 yards in 29 games. In his last two seasons, registered 171 knockdowns and 20 touchdown-resulting blocks.
• As a senior (2009), named a team captain and started all 12 games at left tackle. Selected second team All-Big Ten by the conference coaches and named honorable mention by the league's media. Anchored an offensive line that allowed just 16 sacks on the season, a total that ranked second in the Big Ten and shared 28th nationally. The front five surrendered one sack per 27.5 pass attempts, which ranked second in the Big Ten. Saffold allowed just one sack on the year. Hoosiers rushed for over 180 yards on four occasions, including 197 yards at No. 23 Michigan and 196 yards against Purdue.
• As a junior (2008), started 10 games at left tackle. Battled a back injury the entire season and missed two games with a knee injury. The Hoosiers broke the 2,000-yard rushing mark (2,003) for the second straight year, the first time since 2000 and 2001 an Indiana team produced back-to-back 2,000-yard rushing seasons. Indiana averaged 4.5 yards per carry and posted 19 rushing scores, its best numbers since 2001. The team rushed for over 250 yards four times with a season-best 297 yards in the season-opening win over Western Kentucky.
• As a sophomore (2007), started all 13 games at left tackle. Helped the Hoosiers average 157.4 yards per game on the ground and 393.8 yards of total offense, the highest averages in each category since 2001. The Hoosiers also set a new school record with 412 points and finished second in school history averaging 31.7 points per game. A key component of an Indiana rushing attack that went over 100 yards nine times and over 200 yards five times.
• As a freshman (2006), played in seven games starting six times. Started at left tackle for six straight contests, beginning with the Hoosiers' game against Wisconsin. In those six starts, the Hoosier running game topped 100 yards five times and averaged 138.5 per contest.
• Graduated in May 2010 with a public affairs management degree from Indiana.
• Was a two-way lineman at Bedford (Ohio) High School and was rated a two-star prospect by Rivals.com.
• As a senior, earned first team All-Lake Erie League, All-District and honorable mention All-State honors after recording 18 tackles as a defensive end and notching a 94-percent blocking efficiency on the offensive front. Also played in 2006 Ohio North-South All-Star game.
• Follow Saffold on Twitter at @Rodger_Saffold.
• Follow Saffold on Instagram at @rsaff76.
• Born Rodger P. Saffold III on June 6, 1988 in Bedford, Ohio.
|17||@Texans||W 35 - 14||1||1|
|16||Saints||L 28 - 38||1||1|
|15||Texans||L 21 - 24||1||1|
|14||@Raiders||W 42 - 21||1||1|
|13||@Colts||W 31 - 17||1||1|
|12||Jaguars||W 42 - 20||1||1|
|10||Chiefs||W 35 - 32||1||1|
|9||@Panthers||L 20 - 30||1||1|
|8||Buccaneers||W 27 - 23||1||1|
|7||Chargers||W 23 - 20||1||1|
|6||@Broncos||L 0 - 16||1||1|
|5||Bills||L 7 - 14||1||1|
|4||@Falcons||W 24 - 10||1||1|
|3||@Jaguars||L 7 - 20||1||1|
|2||Colts||L 17 - 19||1||1|
|1||@Browns||W 43 - 13||1||1|
|2010||St. Louis Rams||16||16|
|2011||St. Louis Rams||9||9|
|2012||St. Louis Rams||10||10|
|2013||St. Louis Rams||12||9|
|2014||St. Louis Rams||16||16|
|2015||St. Louis Rams||5||5|
|2016||Los Angeles Rams||15||15|
|2017||Los Angeles Rams||15||15|
|2018||Los Angeles Rams||16||16|