PRO: The Titans signed Wesley Woodyard during the 2014 unrestricted free agency period, adding veteran leadership to the linebacking corps. Following his career at the University of Kentucky, the 6-foot, 233-pounder went undrafted and signed a free agent contract with the Denver Broncos. Woodyard spent six seasons in Denver and appeared in 87 career regular season games, totaling 396 tackles, eight sacks, five interceptions, six forced fumbles and one fumble recovery. He was also a six-time team captain during his tenure with the Broncos.
• In 2017, Woodyard led the Titans with a career-best 172 tackles and 17 stops for loss. His 172 tackles ranked second by a defender in the franchise’s “Titans era” (1999-present).
• In 2016, Woodyard saw action in all 16 games and ranked second on the team with 88 tackles, while leading the squad with seven tackles for loss.
• In 2015, Woodyard finished second on the team with 110 tackles and third on the squad with five sacks.
• In his first season with the Titans in 2014, Woodyard started all 16 games at linebacker and led the team with a career-high 134 tackles.
• Represented the only player in the NFL in 2012 — and just the 12th player in the last 30 years — to record at least 100 tackles, five sacks and three interceptions in a single season. Posted career highs in starts (14), tackles (114), sacks (5.5), interceptions (3), passes defensed (6) and fumble recoveries (1).
• In 2011, started seven games for the Broncos and finished second on the club with 87 tackles to go along with two passes defensed and two forced fumbles.
• In 2008, was the only Bronco to rank among the top eight on the team in both defensive tackles (54 - 8th) and special-teams stops (11 - T1st) while seeing time in all 16 games with six starts as a rookie.
• Woodyard was selected as the 2017 Titans recipient of the Walter Payton Man of the Year award. Woodyard was a three-time nominee for the Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year while with the Broncos in 2010-11 and 2013.
• Woodyard is the co-founder of The 16Ways Foundation which recognizes an emotional need for at-risk youth. The Foundation works on a national level to develop and implement workshops, seminars, camps, and other activities. These events are designed to build self-esteem, promote responsibility for one’s own actions and overcoming obstacles, and demonstrate the importance of academics, knowledge of career options, professional development, community involvement, and mental and physical fitness among youth of all socio-economic backgrounds. The Foundation’s primary focus is to work with at-risk youth between the ages of 8 and 18 and a secondary focus on adults in employment transition.
• During the last seven offseasons, Woodyard’s 16Ways Foundation has hosted a youth football and cheer camp, as well as a charity golf outing in Lexington, Ky.
• In addition to his work with his own foundation, Woodyard has been a tireless advocate for the work of other non-profits, including the ALS Association and Second Harvest Food Bank. For the second year in a row, Woodyard used the NFL’s My Cause My Cleats platform to raise awareness and funds for ALS. Woodyard’s aunt suffered from ALS leading up to her death, and Woodyard is close to former Titans linebacker Tim Shaw, who was diagnosed with ALS in 2014. Woodyard also serves as the spokesperson for Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee.
• Woodyard has been a captain in his first four seasons with the Titans. He joined Hall of Fame running back Floyd Little as the only players in Broncos franchise history to serve as a captain in each of their first six years with the club. In 2004, Woodyard also became the first-ever Kentucky freshman to serve as a team captain.
• Woodyard was inducted to the University of Kentucky Athletics Hall of Fame in 2016 and the Kentucky Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2018.
• Woodyard and teammate Jurrell Casey coach a women’s flag football team that is comprised of wives and significant others of Titans players.
• The LaGrange, Ga., native was originally signed by the Denver Broncos as a rookie free agent on April 28, 2008.
• Signed by the Titans as an unrestricted free agent on March 14, 2014.
• Earned first-team All-Southeastern Conference honors during each of his final two seasons at the University of Kentucky, where he played 47 career games with 42 starts and led the Wildcats in tackles during each of his last three years.
• Concluded his collegiate career ranked eighth in Wildcats history with 395 tackles (259 solo) while adding 6.5 sacks (48 yds.), two interceptions, 12 pass breakups, seven forced fumbles and seven fumble recoveries.
• As a senior, led the SEC in tackles per game (10.6) and tied for 14th in the nation with 139 total stops.
• Posted 122 tackles as a junior that represented the second-highest total in the SEC and ranked 14th in the nation.
• Garnered honorable mention All-SEC accolades as a sophomore with 100 tackles (75 solo).
• Began his collegiate career as a strong safety before switching to linebacker midway through his freshman season. Earned freshman all-conference honors and became the first-ever Kentucky freshman to serve as a team captain.
• Earned a bachelor’s degree in social work from Kentucky.
• Married to Veronica and the couple has a son, Greyson, and two daughters, Noah Elle and Luca Cruz.
• Was named the Georgia Class AAA Defensive Player of the Year by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution after posting 125 tackles as a senior at LaGrange (Ga.) High School. Helped his team post a 51-3 combined record during his prep career and win two state championships.
• Earned the Darrent Williams Good Guy Award from the Denver chapter of the Pro Football Writers of America in 2012.
• Follow Woodyard on Twitter and Instagram at @WoodDro52.
• Born Wesley Woodyard, Jr. on July 21, 1986, in LaGrange, Ga.
Wesley Woodyard Sacks Redskins QB Josh Johnson
Tennessee Titans linebacker Wesley Woodyard chases after Washington Redskins quarterback Josh Johnson and takes him down for a sack.
Wesley Woodyard Talks with Deion Sanders About Win Over Patriots
Titans linebacker Wesley Woodyard talks with Deion Sanders following the team's upset win over the New England Patriots.
1-on-1 with LB Wesley Woodyard
"Voice of the Titans" Mike Keith goes 1-on-1 with veteran linebacker Wesley Woodyard.
Wesley Woodyard Sacks Blake Bortles on Jags' First Drive
On Jacksonville's first drive, Tennessee Titans linebacker Wesley Woodyard comes up with a sack on quarterback Blake Bortles.
Wesley Woodyard: It's Good to Have a Defensive-Minded Head Coach
Tennessee Titans middle linebacker Wesley Woodyard addresses the media following voluntary minicamp practice at Saint Thomas Sports Park.
2018 Pro Bowl: Wesley Woodyard the Roving Reporter
Tennessee Titans linebacker Wesley Woodyard trades in his pads for a microphone as he interviews multiple Pro Bowl players after Friday's practice in Orlando.
Wesley Woodyard on Playing Bigger Football Games
Tennessee Titans linebacker Wesley Woodyard talks to reporters following Thursday's practice at Saint Thomas Sports Park.
In His Words: Wesley Woodyard's Sack
Tennessee Titans linebacker Wesley Woodyard talks about his sack against the Chiefs.
Wesley Woodyard: Jaguars Matchup is a Must-Win Playoff Atmosphere Game
Titans LB Wesley Woodyard talks about the team's Week 17 matchup against the Jaguars.
Wesley Woodyard Talks Walter Payton Award, Jaguars
Titans LB Wesley Woodyard talks about being nominated for the Walter Payton Man of the Year Award, head coach Mike Mularkey and RB Derrick Henry.
Woodyward: No One Wants to Tackle Derrick Henry
Titans LB Wesley Woodyward says no one wants to tackle Derrick Henry in the fourth quarter.
Can't-Miss Play: Jurrell Casey Lights up Jared Goff, Titans Scoop-and-Score
The Tennessee Titans score their first touchdown of the day off a forced fumble.
Wesley Woodyard Takes Kids Shopping at Academy
Tennessee Titans middle linebacker Wesley Woodyard partnered with Academy Sports + Outdoors to give several kids a chance to go shopping for the holidays.
Wesley Woodyard on Making Sure They're Focused
Tennessee Titans linebacker Wesley Woodyard addresses reporters following Thursday's practice at Saint Thomas Sports Park.
Wesley Woodyard Ambushes Jimmy Garoppolo
Titans LB Wesley Woodyard ambushes Jimmy Garoppolo for big third-down sack.
Titans All Access: Beneath the Surface
Tennessee Titans defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau breaks down Wesley Woodyard's sack against the Cardinals.
Wesley Woodyard on Playing 60 Minutes of Sound Defense
Tennessee Titans linebacker Wesley Woodyard addresses reporters following Wednesday's practice on the road in Arizona.
Wesley Woodyard on Bouncing Back
Tennessee Titans linebacker Wesley Woodyard talks to reporters following Sunday's 12-7 loss to the Arizona Cardinals.
Wesley Woodyard Stops D.J. Foster in His Tracks
Titans LB Wesley Woodyard comes away with a huge stop on third-and-goal.
Wesley Woodyard Delivers Big blow to Blaine Gabbert
Titans LB Wesley Woodyard sacks Cardinals QB Blaine Gabbert for a loss of 8 yards.
Wesley Woodyard Named Titans Walter Payton Man of the Year
Amie Wells visits with linebacker Wesley Woodyard to talk about his work in the community.
Titans All Access: 1-on-1 with Wesley Woodyard
"Voice of the Titans" Mike Keith visits with inside linebacker Wesley Woodyard to talk about all of his different celebrations this season.
Wesley Woodyard on Stopping the Run on First Down
Tennessee Titans linebacker Wesley Woodyard addresses reporters following Tuesday's practice.
Wesley Woodyard: Close Games Build Character
Tennessee Titans linebacker Wesley Woodyard addresses reporters following Sunday's victory over the Cincinnati Bengals at Nissan Stadium.
Wesley Woodyard on Making Key Plays on Defense
Tennessee Titans linebacker Wesley Woodyard addresses reporters following the Titans victory over the Indianapolis Colts at Nissan Stadium.
Titans LB Wesley Woodyard Enjoying Broadcast Boot Camp, but He's Not Ready to Give the NFL the Boot Yet
Paying It Forward: Titans LB Wesley Woodyard Credits Hall of Famer Brian Dawkins for Showing Him the Way to Success
Trip to Super Bowl Radio Row Motivates Titans LB Wesley Woodyard
Titans LB Wesley Woodyard Named AFC Defensive Player of the Week
Titans, United Way Host 4th Annual Baby Shower
Six Things Standing Out Through First Wave of Titans OTAs
Observations from Wednesday’s Titans OTA
Titans Open Door for Talented Undrafted Free Agents
Taste of the Titans Event Raises 115k to Help Children in Need
Titans Mailbag: Jim Wyatt Answers Questions from Fans
Five Questions as Titans Kick Off Rookie Minicamp
Michael Griffin Thankful for NFL Career, Days with Titans
Titans' Casey Ready to Roll Out Rookie Red Carpet
Back in Alabama, Titans RB Derrick Henry a Hit On Caravan
How Did Titans Grade Out in NFL Draft?
Marcus Mariota, Titans Share Draft Day Memories
Titans Caravan 2018 Schedule Announced
JDRF Event a Success, with Help of Titans GM Jon Robinson
Titans Coach Mike Vrabel Talks DL Logan, LB Compton
Titans Agree to Terms with Former Redskins LB Will Compton
Titans Mailbag: Jim Wyatt Answers Questions from Fans
20 Categories, 20 Leaders for the Titans in 2017
Glennon's Take: Knocking Off The Big Dog
Game Notes: Titans vs. Chiefs
Glennon's Take: Titans Building a Winning Culture
Titans LB Wesley Woodyard's 2018 Season
TitansOnline.com looks back at linebacker Wesley Woodyard's 2018 season. (AP Photos)
Wesley Woodyard, Academy Sports + Outdoors Back to School Shopping Spree
Titans LB Wesley Woodyard teamed with Academy Sports + Outdoors and United Way to help 30 children from the McGruder Family Resource Center and Fannie Battle Day Home shop for back to school items on Tuesday. (Photos: Gary Glenn, Jordyn Brobst)
Day 3 of 2016 Titans Caravan: Fort Campbell, Clarksville
Head coach Mike Mularkey, GM Jon Robinson, LB Wesley Woodyard, LB Derrick Morgan, WR Harry Douglas, and WR Dorial Green-Beckham, headline Titans Caravan on Day 3 in Clarksville and Fort Campbell. (Photos: Susanna Nickell)
2014 Defensive Line and Linebackers
Titans Online looks at the defensive linemen and linebackers on the team's roster at the start of the 2014 training camp. (Photos: Donn Jones, AP)
LB Wesley Woodyard Signs Titans Contract
Titans Online looks at the 2013 season of former Denver Broncos LB Wesley Woodyard. (AP Photos)
|17||Colts||L 17 - 33||9||5||4||0||0||0|
|16||Redskins||W 25 - 16||8||3||5||1||0||0|
|15||@Giants||W 17 - 0||1||1||0||0||1||0|
|14||Jaguars||W 30 - 9||7||1||6||0||0||0|
|13||Jets||W 26 - 22||6||0||6||0||0||0|
|12||@Texans||L 17 - 34||6||3||3||0||0||0|
|11||@Colts||L 10 - 38||5||4||1||0||0||0|
|10||Patriots||W 34 - 10||9||6||3||1.5||0||0|
|9||@Cowboys||W 28 - 14||10||5||5||1||0||0||1|
|7||@Chargers||L 19 - 20||4||3||1||0||0||0|
|6||Ravens||L 0 - 21|
|5||@Bills||L 12 - 13|
|4||Eagles||W 26 - 23||1||1||0||0||0||0|
|3||@Jaguars||W 9 - 6||12||10||2||1||1||0|
|2||Texans||W 20 - 17||6||3||3||0||0||0|
|1||@Dolphins||L 20 - 27||8||3||5||0||0||0|