PRO: The Titans signed Xavier Su’a-Filo during the 2018 free agency period to bring starting experience and competition to the interior of the offensive line. The 6-foot-4-inch, 310-pounder was originally selected by the Houston Texans in the second round of the 2014 NFL Draft. The UCLA product started 43 total contests, all at guard, in his first four seasons with the Texans.
• In his last two seasons in Houston (2016-17), Su’a-Filo appeared in all 34 games with 33 starts at left guard, including the postseason.
• Su’a-Filo is fluent in Spanish. He learned the language on his two-year church mission trips to Alabama and Florida.
• Su’a-Filo was a high school teammate of current Baltimore Ravens defensive end Bronson Kaufusi and former NFL defensive tackle Stephen Paea.
• A native of Pleasant Grove, Utah, Su’a-Filo was originally selected by the Houston Texans with the first pick in the second round (33rd overall) of the
2014 NFL Draft.
• Signed by the Titans as an unrestricted free agent on April 3, 2018.
• Played three seasons (2009, 2012-13) at the UCLA. Started all 40 games that he suited up for with the Bruins, playing 21 contests at left guard and 19 at left tackle. Served on a Mormon mission during the 2010 and 2011 seasons.
• As a junior (2013), started all 13 games - seven games at left guard and six games at left tackle. Was named second-team All-American and first-team All-Pac-12.
• As a sophomore (2012), started all 14 games at left guard. Also saw some action at left tackle during the year. Helped pave the way for running back Johnathan Franklin who set new school records for most career rushing yardage and most single-season rushing yardage. Named first-team All-Pac-12 pick by coaches, Phil Steele and collegefootballnews.com.
• Returned to UCLA for the 2012 season after serving a two-year Mormon mission. Re-enrolled in school for the 2012 Winter Quarter.
• As a freshman (2009), started all 13 games at left tackle which were the most starts by a Bruin true freshman at any non-kicking position. Became the first Bruin true freshman to start a season-opener on the offensive side of the ball. Earned Honorable Mention All-Pac-10 honors and named second-team Freshman All-American by Phil Steele. Was the co-winner of UCLA’s John Boncheff, Jr. Memorial team award for Rookie of the Year.
• Majored in history with a minor in Spanish at UCLA.
• Attended Timpview (Provo, Utah) High School and started on the offensive line since his sophomore season.
• Earned Class 4A first-team All-State honors as a junior and senior.
• Helped to lead his high school team to the state championships in 2006, 2007 and 2008 and a state-record 36 consecutive wins.
• Selected to play in the Under Armour All-America game.
• In 2008, was named Utah State 4A Offensive Player of the Year.
• Has two sisters, Hayley and Natasha, and a brother, Wilson.
• Follow Su’a-Filo on Twitter at @bigxmanee.
• Born Xavier Filoitumua Su’a-Filo on Jan. 1, 1991, in American Fork, Utah.
|17||@Colts||L 13 - 22||1||1|
|16||Steelers||W 22 - 13||1||1|
|15||@Jaguars||L 13 - 22||1||1|
|14||49ers||W 22 - 13||1||1|
|13||@Titans||L 13 - 22||1||1|
|12||@Ravens||L 13 - 22||1||1|
|11||Cardinals||W 22 - 13||1||1|
|10||@Rams||L 13 - 22||1||1|
|9||Colts||W 22 - 13||1||1|
|8||@Seahawks||L 13 - 22||1||1|
|6||Browns||W 22 - 13||1||1|
|5||Chiefs||W 22 - 13||1||1|
|4||Titans||W 22 - 13||1||1|
|3||@Patriots||L 13 - 22||1||1|
|2||@Bengals||L 13 - 22||1||1|
|1||Jaguars||W 22 - 13||1||1|